Final call for nominations for Thetford community awards
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2015
The clock is ticking for friends, family and colleagues looking to nominate a deserving person for an award in this year’s Thetford Awards Recognising Achievement.
Since launching in August, more than 150 nominations have been received for the inaugural awards - dubbed the TARAs - set to be held in January at the Carnegie Room.
Names put forward include courageous individuals, charity fund-raisers, volunteers, community groups, young people, sportsmen and woman and community-minded businesses.
Judges are still looking for nominations in each of the six categories - Good Neighbour, Business, Young Person, Sporting, Volunteer and Bravery.
The awards’ organisers have now set a deadline of November 17 for all nominations to be entered.
Mark Robinson, organiser, said the response to the awards had been “phenomenal” and urged people not to miss out on nominating.
“The response to the awards has really been overwhelming.
- 1 Town to host free outdoor screening of Encanto with street food stalls
- 2 Council fighting not to have to publish details of golf club talks
- 3 Driver who altered date on expired Blue Badge ordered to pay out £3,500
- 4 Dog owners urged to take 'five-second test' before walking pets in heat
- 5 Revealed: Why wasps chase you and how to get rid of them this summer
- 6 'Could have caused explosion': Eco-warrior stops Thetford fire spreading
- 7 19th century buildings could return to original use as homes
- 8 Could you help to monitor standards inside this Norfolk prison?
- 9 Cable underneath Thetford could power 5,000-home development
- 10 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
“We expected quite a few of the names we’ve been seeing coming in, but we’ve also been made aware of other charitable, community-minded people whose work goes under the radar.
“And what we don’t want is for a deserving person, group or business to miss out, so make sure you nominate,” he said.
Mr Robinson added that the fewest nominations had been received in the Bravery category.
“It’s a tough category as it’s rare for people to be put in situations where their bravery is really tested,” he said.
To nominate, click here