Final call for nominations for Thetford community awards
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2015
The clock is ticking for friends, family and colleagues looking to nominate a deserving person for an award in this year’s Thetford Awards Recognising Achievement.
Since launching in August, more than 150 nominations have been received for the inaugural awards - dubbed the TARAs - set to be held in January at the Carnegie Room.
Names put forward include courageous individuals, charity fund-raisers, volunteers, community groups, young people, sportsmen and woman and community-minded businesses.
Judges are still looking for nominations in each of the six categories - Good Neighbour, Business, Young Person, Sporting, Volunteer and Bravery.
The awards’ organisers have now set a deadline of November 17 for all nominations to be entered.
Mark Robinson, organiser, said the response to the awards had been “phenomenal” and urged people not to miss out on nominating.
“The response to the awards has really been overwhelming.
- 1 Music-loving dad whose ashes were fired into festival crowd took own life
- 2 Homes with dedicated support for rough sleepers to be built in Thetford
- 3 Jess Glynne cancels summer show in Thetford Forest
- 4 Pair deny dangerous driving on the A11 in Suffolk
- 5 Council leader refuses to condemn Downing Street parties
- 6 Rescued Mariah and Carey recovering after A11 crash
- 7 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?
- 8 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 9 These are the dog breeds given up most at a Norfolk rehoming centre
- 10 'Dishonest to the core' burglar jailed for four years
“We expected quite a few of the names we’ve been seeing coming in, but we’ve also been made aware of other charitable, community-minded people whose work goes under the radar.
“And what we don’t want is for a deserving person, group or business to miss out, so make sure you nominate,” he said.
Mr Robinson added that the fewest nominations had been received in the Bravery category.
“It’s a tough category as it’s rare for people to be put in situations where their bravery is really tested,” he said.
To nominate, click here