Final call for nominations for Thetford community awards
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2015
The clock is ticking for friends, family and colleagues looking to nominate a deserving person for an award in this year’s Thetford Awards Recognising Achievement.
Since launching in August, more than 150 nominations have been received for the inaugural awards - dubbed the TARAs - set to be held in January at the Carnegie Room.
Names put forward include courageous individuals, charity fund-raisers, volunteers, community groups, young people, sportsmen and woman and community-minded businesses.
Judges are still looking for nominations in each of the six categories - Good Neighbour, Business, Young Person, Sporting, Volunteer and Bravery.
The awards’ organisers have now set a deadline of November 17 for all nominations to be entered.
You may also want to watch:
Mark Robinson, organiser, said the response to the awards had been “phenomenal” and urged people not to miss out on nominating.
“The response to the awards has really been overwhelming.
- 1 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 2 'Vital' washing and cooking facilities to help homeless opens in town
- 3 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 4 Mini science centre to feature at town's riverside development
- 5 Before the blaze: Elveden Forest Center Parcs in its early years
- 6 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 7 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 8 Wanted man arrested in Dereham
- 9 Logs spill across A47 after lorry and tractor crash
- 10 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
“We expected quite a few of the names we’ve been seeing coming in, but we’ve also been made aware of other charitable, community-minded people whose work goes under the radar.
“And what we don’t want is for a deserving person, group or business to miss out, so make sure you nominate,” he said.
Mr Robinson added that the fewest nominations had been received in the Bravery category.
“It’s a tough category as it’s rare for people to be put in situations where their bravery is really tested,” he said.
To nominate, click here