Father and son's charity dash
A father and son team from Thetford are planning to motor nearly 1,000 miles in a bashed up old banger to raise money for a local children's charity.Mark Giles and his son Samuel will set off from Calais on a mad dash to Barcelona in a decrepit 12-year-old Ford Escort on May 22.
A father and son team from Thetford are planning to motor nearly 1,000 miles in a bashed up old banger to raise money for a local children's charity.
Mark Giles and his son Samuel will set off from Calais on a mad dash to Barcelona in a decrepit 12-year-old Ford Escort on May 22.
The pair will join 67 other cars in the escapade which will put their �195 car to a brutal test.
Mark, who is managing director of R&P Distribution Ltd in Thetford, said: “The car is a 12-years-old and we think it has done a few more miles than recorded on the clock but we're confident that it will do us proud
You may also want to watch:
“It has a powerful 1.6 litre engine that doesn't smoke when in top gear, three head rests, electric windows on the passenger side and a rear windscreen wiper.
“When we bought it we were advised that the stains on the seat would come out and the 1,000 miles on the clock were genuine.
- 1 Police continue probe into murder of woman at country park
- 2 Brandon man handed three-year restraining order by judge
- 3 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 4 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 5 Coronation Street star's surprise message to Norfolk care team
- 6 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 7 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 8 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 9 Woman, 73, convicted of forging second deceased partner's will
- 10 Father-of-five in court accused of murdering wife after body found in country park pond
“It is not a race but more a case of getting across the finish line.”
The pair will be raising funds for The Action for Children Family Centre, located in Raymond Street, Thetford, which works with vulnerable children and their families.
To sponsor Mark and Samuel call 01842 755111 and ask for Vicki.