Father and daughter to tackle London Marathon
A father and daughter from Necton, near Swaffham, will be taking part in the London Marathon this weekend to raise money for the Alzheimer’s Society.
Blaine, 50, and Frankie Upton, 20, will be running in memory of Blaine’s father, and Frankie’s grandfather, Donald Upton, who died in November 2009.
Throughout his illness, the pair completed a number of runs to raise awareness and support the charity, but this will be Miss Upton’s first maratahon.
Her father completed the London Marathon two years ago in three hours 49 minutes and is keen to beat that time this year.
Together they hope to raise �3,500 for the charity.
You may also want to watch:
To sponsor them, click on www.justgiving.com/Francesca-Upton or call in at Blaines in London Street, Swaffham.
About 40,000 people are expected to tackle the 26.3 mile course on Sunday.
- 1 Wanted man identified after Thetford shop burglary
- 2 Brandon bungalow blaze thought to be started by faulty boiler
- 3 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 4 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 5 Man due in court in connection with Norfolk stab attack
- 6 Work starts on new £4.2m housing project in Norfolk village
- 7 Sex abuse survivor hits out at attacker's sentence
- 8 Bryan Cranston to Meghan Markle - how USO show brings stars to our region
- 9 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 10 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford