Fatal crash on A1066 at Thetford
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2011
A woman has died after the car she was driving hit a telegraph pole this morning.
The accident happened at 5.45am on the A1066 at Shadwell, near Thetford.
The woman was the only occupant of the silver Saab, which was travelling towards Thetford.
She was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police remain on the scene of the crash and are carrying out further enquiries.
You may also want to watch:
Officers would like to speak to anyone who saw the accident or may have seen the car beforehand.
Anyone with information should contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team on 101.
- 1 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 2 Thetford man wanted in connection with assault
- 3 Parts of Norfolk at risk of heavy downpours
- 4 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs
- 5 Hotel owner providing free lunches for those in need
- 6 'Beers, big TVS and men's mental health': New barbershop to open in town
- 7 Part of A11 closed due to crash involving motorbike
- 8 Teen stabbed in Thetford
- 9 'A kick in the teeth' - Sainsbury's staff angry at Boxing Day 'gift'
- 10 History: When the spectacle of air mail came to East Anglia