Family tribute to Thetford man who died following alleged assault
The family of a man who died following an alleged assault in Thetford have spoken of how he will be “greatly missed.”
Ronald Beacham, of Ulfkell Road, Thetford, died late on December 8 in Addenbrooke’s Hospital after suffering serious head injuries during an alleged assault in Fir Road shortly before 2am four days earlier.
In a statement released through Norfolk Police, his family said: “Ron was a very proud and sociable man who loved his family dearly. He would always put others first and would help out whenever he could.
“He was a much-loved great-grandad, grandad, dad, and brother. He was also a great friend to many people.
“All who knew him will feel that Ron should have been enjoying his retirement for many years surrounded by his family and friends, but instead he has been stolen from us before his time. Ron will be greatly missed but not forgotten.”
You may also want to watch:
Michael O’Leary, 56, of no fixed address was charged with grievous bodily harm with intent and appeared before Bury St Edmunds magistrates last week.
He is due at Norwich Crown Court on December 20.
- 1 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 2 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 3 House-to-house enquiries take place after woman's body identified
- 4 Death of woman at country park being treated as 'isolated incident'
- 5 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 6 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 7 Health bosses step up effort to vaccinate vulnerable communities
- 8 Overrunning roadworks temporarily closes part of A11
- 9 'Small but mighty': Lambing season gets underway at family-run farm
- 10 Excitement as businesses reopen across region as Covid restrictions ease