Family tribute to Thetford man who died following alleged assault
The family of a man who died following an alleged assault in Thetford have spoken of how he will be “greatly missed.”
Ronald Beacham, of Ulfkell Road, Thetford, died late on December 8 in Addenbrooke’s Hospital after suffering serious head injuries during an alleged assault in Fir Road shortly before 2am four days earlier.
In a statement released through Norfolk Police, his family said: “Ron was a very proud and sociable man who loved his family dearly. He would always put others first and would help out whenever he could.
“He was a much-loved great-grandad, grandad, dad, and brother. He was also a great friend to many people.
“All who knew him will feel that Ron should have been enjoying his retirement for many years surrounded by his family and friends, but instead he has been stolen from us before his time. Ron will be greatly missed but not forgotten.”
You may also want to watch:
Michael O’Leary, 56, of no fixed address was charged with grievous bodily harm with intent and appeared before Bury St Edmunds magistrates last week.
He is due at Norwich Crown Court on December 20.
- 1 Schools in Norfolk closed or partially shut due to coronavirus
- 2 Fresh calls for Norfolk to move to tier one ahead of key Commons vote
- 3 'Disgusting' - councillor slams culprits for defecating on footpaths and in front gardens
- 4 Dozens of new Covid marshals to become 'the eyes and ears of the districts'
- 5 Hope and caution - How Thetford is preparing to come out of lockdown
- 6 Care home bosses welcome proposed roll-out of rapid covid tests
- 7 Norfolk in Tier 2 of coronavirus restrictions, government confirms
- 8 Arrest after man found with wooden baton and £30,000 in cash
- 9 Man fractured partner’s cheekbone after making machete threat to sister
- 10 Shop Local: Council urge shoppers to use market towns this Christmas