Family tribute to Thetford man who died following alleged assault
The family of a man who died following an alleged assault in Thetford have spoken of how he will be “greatly missed.”
Ronald Beacham, of Ulfkell Road, Thetford, died late on December 8 in Addenbrooke’s Hospital after suffering serious head injuries during an alleged assault in Fir Road shortly before 2am four days earlier.
In a statement released through Norfolk Police, his family said: “Ron was a very proud and sociable man who loved his family dearly. He would always put others first and would help out whenever he could.
“He was a much-loved great-grandad, grandad, dad, and brother. He was also a great friend to many people.
“All who knew him will feel that Ron should have been enjoying his retirement for many years surrounded by his family and friends, but instead he has been stolen from us before his time. Ron will be greatly missed but not forgotten.”
You may also want to watch:
Michael O’Leary, 56, of no fixed address was charged with grievous bodily harm with intent and appeared before Bury St Edmunds magistrates last week.
He is due at Norwich Crown Court on December 20.
- 1 Wanted man identified after Thetford shop burglary
- 2 Brandon bungalow blaze thought to be started by faulty boiler
- 3 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 4 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 5 Man due in court in connection with Norfolk stab attack
- 6 Work starts on new £4.2m housing project in Norfolk village
- 7 Sex abuse survivor hits out at attacker's sentence
- 8 Bryan Cranston to Meghan Markle - how USO show brings stars to our region
- 9 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 10 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford