European representatives to attend Remembrance event in Wretham, near Thetford
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2015
Uniformed military attaches from the Czech, Slovak and Polish embassies in London will take part at a Breckland Remembrance event.
Since 2004 the Royal Air Forces Association Thetford and Wretham and Hockham Royal British Legion have held the service.
It commemorates the 12 Czech and Slovak and two Polish servicemen who served at RAF Honington and East Wretham Airfield during the Second World War.
The service, held at St Ethelbert’s Church, Wretham, will take place on Wednesday, November 8.
It will be led by the Rev Helen Jary and wreathes and poppy crosses will be placed on the Commonwealth graves.
The event often draws a large crowd and those wishing to attend should gather at the church at 10.30am for a 10.45am start.
All are welcome to attend.
- 1 Try roasties topped with pulled pork at town’s new street food business
- 2 Pair accused of dangerous driving on A11 set for court
- 3 Chase Star to perform at Thetford comedy club
- 4 First cases of monkeypox reported in Suffolk
- 5 New homes plan for former coal yard
- 6 Food review, Lime Kiln Kitchen: ‘A truly relaxing place for Sunday lunch’
- 7 Woman in her 50s who died in A11 crash named locally
- 8 What to see in the sky in July: Year's biggest supermoon and meteor showers
- 9 Man charged with burglaries, dangerous driving and assault
- 10 Contact tracing scammers return as Covid rates rise
On Remembrance Sunday, Wretham and Hockham Royal British Legion will hold their service at St Ethelbert’s Church in Larling at 10.45am.