European representatives to attend Remembrance event in Wretham, near Thetford
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2015
Uniformed military attaches from the Czech, Slovak and Polish embassies in London will take part at a Breckland Remembrance event.
Since 2004 the Royal Air Forces Association Thetford and Wretham and Hockham Royal British Legion have held the service.
It commemorates the 12 Czech and Slovak and two Polish servicemen who served at RAF Honington and East Wretham Airfield during the Second World War.
The service, held at St Ethelbert’s Church, Wretham, will take place on Wednesday, November 8.
It will be led by the Rev Helen Jary and wreathes and poppy crosses will be placed on the Commonwealth graves.
The event often draws a large crowd and those wishing to attend should gather at the church at 10.30am for a 10.45am start.
All are welcome to attend.
- 1 Train delays as lorry hits railway bridge
- 2 Crowdfunder for terminally ill mum to fulfil dream of marrying partner
- 3 Police search for owner of puppy lost near Mildenhall
- 4 Concerns raised over plans for holiday cabins at equestrian centre
- 5 Final consultation to be undertaken on future of Thetford Market Place
- 6 'She was the glue' - Family's loving tribute to devoted mum Netty
- 7 Rare chance to rent a 16th century farmhouse overlooking a Norfolk estate
- 8 Catalytic converters stolen from three cars in Mildenhall in one night
- 9 Five-year-old child struck by car in Brandon discharged from hospital
- 10 Motorbike and car crash on A134 near Norfolk village
On Remembrance Sunday, Wretham and Hockham Royal British Legion will hold their service at St Ethelbert’s Church in Larling at 10.45am.