European representatives to attend Remembrance event in Wretham, near Thetford
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2015
Uniformed military attaches from the Czech, Slovak and Polish embassies in London will take part at a Breckland Remembrance event.
Since 2004 the Royal Air Forces Association Thetford and Wretham and Hockham Royal British Legion have held the service.
It commemorates the 12 Czech and Slovak and two Polish servicemen who served at RAF Honington and East Wretham Airfield during the Second World War.
The service, held at St Ethelbert’s Church, Wretham, will take place on Wednesday, November 8.
It will be led by the Rev Helen Jary and wreathes and poppy crosses will be placed on the Commonwealth graves.
You may also want to watch:
The event often draws a large crowd and those wishing to attend should gather at the church at 10.30am for a 10.45am start.
All are welcome to attend.
- 1 Father-of-five in court accused of murdering wife after body found in country park pond
- 2 46-year-old man charged with woman's murder
- 3 Under-50s to be called for vaccines as Moderna jab arrives in England
- 4 Bosses at hospital criticised for whistleblower 'witch-hunt' step down
- 5 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 6 Four schools set to expand due to new housing developments
- 7 Man charged with spate of burglaries and thefts in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 8 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 9 Death of woman at country park being treated as 'isolated incident'
- 10 Seven months in prison for burglar who stole cash from church cafe
On Remembrance Sunday, Wretham and Hockham Royal British Legion will hold their service at St Ethelbert’s Church in Larling at 10.45am.