European representatives to attend Remembrance event in Wretham, near Thetford
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2015
Uniformed military attaches from the Czech, Slovak and Polish embassies in London will take part at a Breckland Remembrance event.
Since 2004 the Royal Air Forces Association Thetford and Wretham and Hockham Royal British Legion have held the service.
It commemorates the 12 Czech and Slovak and two Polish servicemen who served at RAF Honington and East Wretham Airfield during the Second World War.
The service, held at St Ethelbert’s Church, Wretham, will take place on Wednesday, November 8.
It will be led by the Rev Helen Jary and wreathes and poppy crosses will be placed on the Commonwealth graves.
You may also want to watch:
The event often draws a large crowd and those wishing to attend should gather at the church at 10.30am for a 10.45am start.
All are welcome to attend.
- 1 Man charged with supplying Class A drugs in Thetford
- 2 Schools in Norfolk closed or partially shut due to coronavirus
- 3 Viking themed children's play area confirmed at town's historic park
- 4 'Disgusting' - councillor slams culprits for defecating on footpaths and in front gardens
- 5 Illegal puppy farm warning as one in ten plan to buy dog for Christmas
- 6 Dozens of new Covid marshals to become 'the eyes and ears of the districts'
- 7 Shoppers support market town traders as second lockdown lifts
- 8 Fresh calls for Norfolk to move to tier one ahead of key Commons vote
- 9 Stephen Fry voices heart-warming animation of rescued blind horse
- 10 Norfolk in Tier 2 of coronavirus restrictions, government confirms
On Remembrance Sunday, Wretham and Hockham Royal British Legion will hold their service at St Ethelbert’s Church in Larling at 10.45am.