European representatives to attend Remembrance event in Wretham, near Thetford
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2015
Uniformed military attaches from the Czech, Slovak and Polish embassies in London will take part at a Breckland Remembrance event.
Since 2004 the Royal Air Forces Association Thetford and Wretham and Hockham Royal British Legion have held the service.
It commemorates the 12 Czech and Slovak and two Polish servicemen who served at RAF Honington and East Wretham Airfield during the Second World War.
The service, held at St Ethelbert’s Church, Wretham, will take place on Wednesday, November 8.
It will be led by the Rev Helen Jary and wreathes and poppy crosses will be placed on the Commonwealth graves.
You may also want to watch:
The event often draws a large crowd and those wishing to attend should gather at the church at 10.30am for a 10.45am start.
All are welcome to attend.
- 1 Council splashes out £780,000 on agile working
- 2 Thetford counts costs after 5cm of rain falls in 30 minutes
- 3 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 4 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 5 7 things every child in Norfolk should do before they are five
- 6 Man dumped rubbish at beauty spot after he 'forgot to put his bins out'
- 7 Vast farm network aims to be a trailblazer for wildlife
- 8 Suffolk serviceman named among America's top 12 airmen
- 9 Norfolk's police deal with sharp rise in mental health-related callouts
- 10 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
On Remembrance Sunday, Wretham and Hockham Royal British Legion will hold their service at St Ethelbert’s Church in Larling at 10.45am.