Enquiries ongoing into assault which left man with shattered eye socket
- Credit: Archant
No arrests or charges have been made more than a month after an assault which left a man with a shattered eye socket and serious jaw injuries.
Police enquiries into the assault, which took place in the early hours of Saturday, December 29 last year outside the Five Bells pub in Brandon, are still ongoing.
The injured man was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge with serious injuries to his jaw, face, and eye socket, and was discharged on Wednesday, January 2.
It was reported at the time a man in the pub was wielding a knife and threatening the landlord before the incident.
A witness, who wished to remain anonymous, said shortly after the assault that it was a massive shock for the town.
You may also want to watch:
They said: “It is quite a shock to Brandon itself and especially to us, we don’t do knife trouble, it’s Brandon.”
Do you have a story in Brandon? Email email@example.com with the details.
- 1 Father-of-five in court accused of murdering wife after body found in country park pond
- 2 46-year-old man charged with woman's murder
- 3 Under-50s to be called for vaccines as Moderna jab arrives in England
- 4 Bosses at hospital criticised for whistleblower 'witch-hunt' step down
- 5 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 6 Four schools set to expand due to new housing developments
- 7 Man charged with spate of burglaries and thefts in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 8 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 9 Seven months in prison for burglar who stole cash from church cafe
- 10 Death of woman at country park being treated as 'isolated incident'