Enquiries ongoing into assault which left man with shattered eye socket
- Credit: Archant
No arrests or charges have been made more than a month after an assault which left a man with a shattered eye socket and serious jaw injuries.
Police enquiries into the assault, which took place in the early hours of Saturday, December 29 last year outside the Five Bells pub in Brandon, are still ongoing.
The injured man was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge with serious injuries to his jaw, face, and eye socket, and was discharged on Wednesday, January 2.
It was reported at the time a man in the pub was wielding a knife and threatening the landlord before the incident.
A witness, who wished to remain anonymous, said shortly after the assault that it was a massive shock for the town.
You may also want to watch:
They said: “It is quite a shock to Brandon itself and especially to us, we don’t do knife trouble, it’s Brandon.”
Do you have a story in Brandon? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the details.
- 1 Council splashes out £780,000 on agile working
- 2 Thetford counts costs after 5cm of rain falls in 30 minutes
- 3 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 4 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 5 7 things every child in Norfolk should do before they are five
- 6 Vast farm network aims to be a trailblazer for wildlife
- 7 Man dumped rubbish at beauty spot after he 'forgot to put his bins out'
- 8 Suffolk serviceman named among America's top 12 airmen
- 9 Norfolk's police deal with sharp rise in mental health-related callouts
- 10 Sacked police officer admits child porn charges