Enquiries ongoing into assault which left man with shattered eye socket
- Credit: Archant
No arrests or charges have been made more than a month after an assault which left a man with a shattered eye socket and serious jaw injuries.
Police enquiries into the assault, which took place in the early hours of Saturday, December 29 last year outside the Five Bells pub in Brandon, are still ongoing.
The injured man was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge with serious injuries to his jaw, face, and eye socket, and was discharged on Wednesday, January 2.
It was reported at the time a man in the pub was wielding a knife and threatening the landlord before the incident.
A witness, who wished to remain anonymous, said shortly after the assault that it was a massive shock for the town.
You may also want to watch:
They said: “It is quite a shock to Brandon itself and especially to us, we don’t do knife trouble, it’s Brandon.”
Do you have a story in Brandon? Email email@example.com with the details.
- 1 Parent fined after teens dumped waste at town estate
- 2 Plans submitted for Center Parcs-inspired retirement village
- 3 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 4 Heat map images reveal Norfolk's most popular running routes
- 5 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 6 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
- 7 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 8 Storm Christoph flood fears bring spike in sandbag sales
- 9 Drug-dealers caught in undercover police sting
- 10 How I became Ralph Fiennes' assistant on Netflix's The Dig