Enquiries ongoing into assault which left man with shattered eye socket
- Credit: Archant
No arrests or charges have been made more than a month after an assault which left a man with a shattered eye socket and serious jaw injuries.
Police enquiries into the assault, which took place in the early hours of Saturday, December 29 last year outside the Five Bells pub in Brandon, are still ongoing.
The injured man was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge with serious injuries to his jaw, face, and eye socket, and was discharged on Wednesday, January 2.
It was reported at the time a man in the pub was wielding a knife and threatening the landlord before the incident.
A witness, who wished to remain anonymous, said shortly after the assault that it was a massive shock for the town.
You may also want to watch:
They said: “It is quite a shock to Brandon itself and especially to us, we don’t do knife trouble, it’s Brandon.”
Do you have a story in Brandon? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the details.
- 1 Training at RAF base given positive rating by Ofsted
- 2 Sex abuse survivor hits out at attacker's sentence
- 3 Man due in court in connection with Norfolk stab attack
- 4 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 5 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford
- 6 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital
- 7 Gym becomes community hub with café and barber shop
- 8 WATCH: Norfolk troops train ahead of peacekeeping mission in Mali
- 9 The story of Mildenhall's workhouses uncovered after 100 years
- 10 Pretty town centre terrace is for sale by auction - and it needs doing up!