Parents warned time running out to apply for primary school places
- Credit: PA
Parents in Norfolk have been reminded time is running out to register children for primary school from this September.
Norfolk County Council says the closing date for registering children born between September 1 2016 and 31 August 2017 is January 15.
Applications can be made online but paper applications are also accepted and can be downloaded from the Norfolk County Council website.
Parents need to make an application for a reception class place, even if their child attends a nursery class at the same school.
A child’s attendance at a nursery attached to a school does not normally give them priority for a place at that school.
You may also want to watch:
The round for admission to Year 3 at junior schools in September 2021 also closes on January 15. Applications can be made online and a decision will be made by 16 April.
- 1 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 2 Police amazed no one hurt after tree falls on Fiat 500
- 3 Burst main leaves villages without water
- 4 Wetherspoon pubs reveal reopening plan after 'zero' sales
- 5 School 'relieves stress' for families by loaning laptops in lockdown
- 6 Parent fined after teens dumped waste at town estate
- 7 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 8 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 9 Covid cases fall in every area of Norfolk for first time since June
- 10 Plans submitted for Center Parcs-inspired retirement village