Have our towns been forgotten? Share your views at EDP event in Thetford
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Are our towns an afterthought in national debate?
Are you sick of seeing your town miss out on funding while cities splash out on multi-million or even multi-billion pound projects?
The EDP, in conjunction with the Thetford and Brandon Times, is inviting readers and the community to tell us what they think are the issues of living in a British town in 2020.
The EDP Open House event will be held at the Charles Burrell Centre in Thetford on May 1 from 7pm, and tickets are free.
Join our journalists and representatives of local organisations in a one-hour conversation on the future of Norfolk's towns.
You may also want to watch:
Where should money be spent? What needs to be done for the young and old? Who should be driving the change - politicians or the community itself?
Rather than a presentation or speeches, we will be inviting everyone to have their say, and everyone will have a chance to speak if they wish.
- 1 Thetford counts costs after 5cm of rain falls in 30 minutes
- 2 Community supermarket provides lifeline - and now more are to open
- 3 Stretch of A11 closed due to 'large amount' of tyre debris on road
- 4 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 5 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 6 Man dumped rubbish at beauty spot after he 'forgot to put his bins out'
- 7 Photos capture impressive storm clouds dominating Norfolk skyline
- 8 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
- 9 Thousands of rural homes to benefit from broadband funding
- 10 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
All views are welcome, all voices will be heard. Refreshments available.
To book your place, click here to register.