New running group for beginners to launch
- Credit: Archant
A new running group is being launched which aims to get people running a 5km run within eight weeks.
Breckland Chasers will hold hourly sessions to be held every Saturday at the East Harling Recreation Ground.
The new group is part of England Athletic’s Run Together initiative and is organised through East Harling Athletics Club.
Breckland Chaser’s Lesley Heath said: “Our new group means that anyone, of any age or any fitness can enjoy the benefits that running can bring to mind and body.
“Designed to get people up and running, it’s also a great way to meet other people, have a chat and a laugh and even get a bit of headspace from a hectic life.”
You may also want to watch:
The group launches on Saturday, September 15 at the Sports and Social Club at 10.30am. The cost is £2 per session.
Bookings can be made here or just arrive on the day. Search Breckland Chasers on Facebook.
- 1 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
- 2 Thetford counts costs after 5cm of rain falls in 30 minutes
- 3 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 4 Man rescued from van after collision with tractor
- 5 'Extensive damage' caused as business centre is flooded
- 6 Parts of Thetford hit by flooding due to heavy rain
- 7 Cows cause congestion after wandering into RAF Lakenheath viewing area
- 8 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 9 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 10 Car crashes into central reservation on A11