New running group for beginners to launch
- Credit: Archant
A new running group is being launched which aims to get people running a 5km run within eight weeks.
Breckland Chasers will hold hourly sessions to be held every Saturday at the East Harling Recreation Ground.
The new group is part of England Athletic’s Run Together initiative and is organised through East Harling Athletics Club.
Breckland Chaser’s Lesley Heath said: “Our new group means that anyone, of any age or any fitness can enjoy the benefits that running can bring to mind and body.
“Designed to get people up and running, it’s also a great way to meet other people, have a chat and a laugh and even get a bit of headspace from a hectic life.”
You may also want to watch:
The group launches on Saturday, September 15 at the Sports and Social Club at 10.30am. The cost is £2 per session.
Bookings can be made here or just arrive on the day. Search Breckland Chasers on Facebook.
- 1 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 2 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 3 Death of woman at country park being treated as 'isolated incident'
- 4 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 5 House-to-house enquiries take place after woman's body identified
- 6 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 7 Overrunning roadworks temporarily closes part of A11
- 8 Health bosses step up effort to vaccinate vulnerable communities
- 9 Seven months in prison for burglar who stole cash from church cafe
- 10 Councillor accused of spreading 'damaging disinformation' on facemasks