EACH makes plea for entrants as numbers for vital fundraiser down on previous years
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2013
A children's charity has made a plea for support after it revealed the number of entrants for one of its key fundraisers is down on previous years.
East Anglia's Children's Hospice (EACH) relies on its Ride for Life event, held annually in Thetford Forest, to drum up vital funds.
Despite being in its 23rd year, this year's event on June 12 has seen a disappointing level of interest so far.
And now organisers are concerned this year's event will fall well short of the 600 walkers and cyclists that took part last year.
Carol Plunkett, EACH Norfolk Fundraising Manager, said: 'Unfortunately numbers registering for this year's event are down, but there's still plenty of time for people to sign up.
You may also want to watch:
'We're urging everyone to dust down their bikes or get out their walking boots and join us for a fun and healthy family day out in Thetford Forest.
'Ride for Life is now in its 23rd year, extremely well organised and we have an array of on and off road cycle routes for all ages and abilities. Our walks also take in the idyllic sights and sounds of the forest, so there really is something for everyone.'
- 1 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 2 Thetford man wanted in connection with assault
- 3 Parts of Norfolk at risk of heavy downpours
- 4 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs
- 5 Hotel owner providing free lunches for those in need
- 6 'Beers, big TVS and men's mental health': New barbershop to open in town
- 7 Part of A11 closed due to crash involving motorbike
- 8 Teen stabbed in Thetford
- 9 'A kick in the teeth' - Sainsbury's staff angry at Boxing Day 'gift'
- 10 Norfolk nursery nominated for national award
She said the Ride for Life was one of EACH's biggest events.
'Events like this are so important for us to provide the vital services we do for local families.
'The continued success Ride for Life plays a huge part in us being able to do that each year – and we need your help. We ask everyone to pay a small entry fee and to encourage their friends and family to join them for a fantastic day out.'
Ride for Life takes place at Mayday Fields in Thetford Forest.
Recent years have seen around £36,000 raised for EACH, with £800,000 being raised since it began.
To take part in Ride for Life, visit www.each.org.uk/rideforlife or contact the EACH fundraising team on 01953 666767.