EACH records best-ever week as £4,784 made on eBay store
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
A children’s hospice has enjoyed its best-ever week on eBay after taking £4,784.
East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (EACH) auctioned 195 items - donated to the charity - between January 22 and 28.
The star lots were individual pieces of a green and yellow butterfly-themed Aynsley pottery set, with a buyer from New York paying £250 for cups and saucers.
Jason High, EACH eBay manager, said: “We’re coming across more and more gems as our eBay store continues to grow. This record-breaking week, that bettered those in which we auctioned Ed Sheeran’s old clothes, took our income for January to £13,004.
“The money raised is invaluable as we have to raise almost £6 million a year to sustain our vital care and support service.”
You may also want to watch:
Opened in March 2015 Each’s eBay store lists, sells, packages and posts around 900 items every month from the Retail Distribution Centre in Thetford.
- 1 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 2 Mini science centre to feature at town's riverside development
- 3 Before the blaze: Elveden Forest Center Parcs in its early years
- 4 A11 reopens following earlier collision
- 5 Garden centre launches outdoor eating with wood-fired pizza and waffles
- 6 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 7 Man found near air base with gun, axe and lock knife sentenced
- 8 Warning over con artists trying 'council tax' scam in Norfolk
- 9 Military drones to fly above Norfolk RAF base
- 10 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier