Drivers warned about Thetford roadworks
Motorists are likely to face disruption from Monday as work begins to repair London Road in Thetford.
The works, which will be carried out between 9.30am and 4pm and take three weeks to complete, will run from the junction with Brandon Road to the Forest Retail Park entrance. They will be completed in four phases.
From September 12 to 14 Brandon Road to St Martins Way will be affected, while from September 15 to 16, the works will affect the stretch of road between St Martins Way and Kimms Belt. Diversions will be in place on both occasions.
From September 19 to 23, the work will be carried out between Kimms Belt and the Forest Retail Park. Temporary traffic signals will be in place.
Lastly, between September 26 and 30, works will affect the entire stretch of road and traffic will be controlled with stop/go boards.
You may also want to watch:
Access to homes and businesses will be maintained at all times.
- 1 Thetford counts costs after 5cm of rain falls in 30 minutes
- 2 Stretch of A11 closed due to 'large amount' of tyre debris on road
- 3 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 4 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 5 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
- 6 Have your say over future of growing estate
- 7 Horse found with maggot-infested wounds wins rosette at equestrian show
- 8 Photos capture impressive storm clouds dominating Norfolk skyline
- 9 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 10 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village