Driver arrested on suspicion of drug driving on the A11
- Credit: Archant
A driver has been arrested on suspicion of drug driving after being reported to the police by a member of the public.
The driver was reported heading along the A11 near Norwich and police put on the blue lights to intercept the vehicle at Thetford.
They were breath tested for alcohol and passed with 14ugs per 100ml of breath - the legal limit is 35ugs.
But they provided a positive drug wipe and was arrested on suspicion of drug driving.
Sgt Chris Harris, of Norfolk and Suffolk Roads Policing, said the driver was taken to custody.
You may also want to watch:
He tweeted: “Called the member of the public & thanked them! There is no need for them to provide any further evidence or a statement as vehicle was stopped by us & we can provide all evidence relating to the offence!”
- 1 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 2 Death of woman at country park being treated as 'isolated incident'
- 3 Seven months in prison for burglar who stole cash from church cafe
- 4 'We're lost without him' - Family's tribute to teen hit-and-run cyclist
- 5 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 6 Councillor accused of spreading 'damaging disinformation' on facemasks
- 7 Burger and Italian restaurant set to open at town's riverside complex
- 8 Investigation launched after swan killed by illegal fishing net
- 9 'We know who they are' - two thieves raid church foodbank
- 10 Grade II-listed pub could be turned into six flats