Driver arrested on suspicion of drug driving on the A11
- Credit: Archant
A driver has been arrested on suspicion of drug driving after being reported to the police by a member of the public.
The driver was reported heading along the A11 near Norwich and police put on the blue lights to intercept the vehicle at Thetford.
They were breath tested for alcohol and passed with 14ugs per 100ml of breath - the legal limit is 35ugs.
But they provided a positive drug wipe and was arrested on suspicion of drug driving.
Sgt Chris Harris, of Norfolk and Suffolk Roads Policing, said the driver was taken to custody.
You may also want to watch:
He tweeted: “Called the member of the public & thanked them! There is no need for them to provide any further evidence or a statement as vehicle was stopped by us & we can provide all evidence relating to the offence!”
- 1 Drug-dealers caught in undercover police sting
- 2 Fiat 500 thought to be stolen found crashed into wall
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 5 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 6 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
- 7 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 8 Man charged with drink-driving on the A11
- 9 Dog walker given £5,000 reward after finding stolen machinery
- 10 Hundreds of homes across Norfolk hit by power cut