Driver arrested on suspicion of drug driving on the A11
- Credit: Archant
A driver has been arrested on suspicion of drug driving after being reported to the police by a member of the public.
The driver was reported heading along the A11 near Norwich and police put on the blue lights to intercept the vehicle at Thetford.
They were breath tested for alcohol and passed with 14ugs per 100ml of breath - the legal limit is 35ugs.
But they provided a positive drug wipe and was arrested on suspicion of drug driving.
Sgt Chris Harris, of Norfolk and Suffolk Roads Policing, said the driver was taken to custody.
You may also want to watch:
He tweeted: “Called the member of the public & thanked them! There is no need for them to provide any further evidence or a statement as vehicle was stopped by us & we can provide all evidence relating to the offence!”
- 1 7 of the best indoor activities in Norfolk
- 2 Man in critical condition after being stabbed in Thetford
- 3 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 4 Masked burglar hit victim with fake gun and threatened to shoot family dog
- 5 'Max Factor lady' - Tributes to adored gran who died in M11 layby
- 6 Flood-torn community 'in fear' every time it rains
- 7 Town's county councillors vow to tackle neglected underpasses
- 8 Flowers and windmill stolen from baby's grave
- 9 Norfolk police ready extra officers for delayed Covid 'Freedom Day'
- 10 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle