Double award for Thetford and Snetterton employer Century Logistics
- Credit: Archant
A company which employs dozens of staff across warehouses in Thetford and Snetterton has won two prestigious national awards.
Century Logistics, a leading warehouse and logistics provider, won the prizes at the UK Warehousing Association (UKWA) in a prestigious ceremony at London’s Dorchester Hotel hosted by Gerald Ratner.
The firm, which also has bases in Bury St Edmunds and Nottingham, was recognised for its outstanding commitment to staff training and development with the UKWA Training Award 2017.
Century’s aim is to provide accredited training for 90pc of its staff by the end of 2018.
This ambitious plan has already succeeded, with more than 70pc of employees being enrolled on NVQ and ILM courses through Poultec to achieve nationally-recognised standards of excellence.
You may also want to watch:
Century Logistics has also provided free English tuition to those members of staff who would benefit, thus improving staff confidence and integration within the company.
The UKWA Young Manager of the Year 2017 was awarded to Jamie Cash for his unsurpassed dedication as operations manager for one of Century’s long-standing customers.
- 1 Death of woman at country park being treated as 'isolated incident'
- 2 Seven months in prison for burglar who stole cash from church cafe
- 3 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 4 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 5 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 6 Prince Philip's love of birds remembered at Thetford-based trust
- 7 Councillor accused of spreading 'damaging disinformation' on facemasks
- 8 'We're lost without him' - Family's tribute to teen hit-and-run cyclist
- 9 Burger and Italian restaurant set to open at town's riverside complex
- 10 Four men to appear in court charged with shooting incident