Double award for Thetford and Snetterton employer Century Logistics
- Credit: Archant
A company which employs dozens of staff across warehouses in Thetford and Snetterton has won two prestigious national awards.
Century Logistics, a leading warehouse and logistics provider, won the prizes at the UK Warehousing Association (UKWA) in a prestigious ceremony at London’s Dorchester Hotel hosted by Gerald Ratner.
The firm, which also has bases in Bury St Edmunds and Nottingham, was recognised for its outstanding commitment to staff training and development with the UKWA Training Award 2017.
Century’s aim is to provide accredited training for 90pc of its staff by the end of 2018.
This ambitious plan has already succeeded, with more than 70pc of employees being enrolled on NVQ and ILM courses through Poultec to achieve nationally-recognised standards of excellence.
You may also want to watch:
Century Logistics has also provided free English tuition to those members of staff who would benefit, thus improving staff confidence and integration within the company.
The UKWA Young Manager of the Year 2017 was awarded to Jamie Cash for his unsurpassed dedication as operations manager for one of Century’s long-standing customers.
- 1 Noise disruption possible as low-flying RAF jets simulate training
- 2 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 3 International designer asked to create ambitious vision for Thetford
- 4 Two men due in court over rave at Thetford Forest
- 5 Missing 84-year-old man found safe and well
- 6 Tips for families with Special Educational Needs children in lockdown
- 7 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 8 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 9 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 10 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say