Doggy day of fun raises more than £10,000 for charity
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2018
A fun day for our furry four-legged friends has raised more than £10,000 for an animal rescue centre.
Dogs Trust Snetterton saw more than 2,000 people attend its Fun Day at the rehoming centre on North End Road.
The highlight of the day was the dog show, where ex-Dogs Trust Snetterton resident Teddy won Best in Show after wowing the judges.
The King Charles spaniel was very overweight when he first arrived at the centre, but after support from his new family, he is now a healthy weight.
More than £10,000 was raised for the charity that has centres across the UK and Ireland.
You may also want to watch:
Relations officer, Paige Langton, said: "It was wonderful to see so many people and of course not forgetting all our four-legged-friends who attended — many of which were ex-residents that we were so happy to see doing so well."
The day included a display from the Lowestoft Agility Team, the Scratby Donkeys and an appearance by Dogcilla, the Dogs Trust mascot.
- 1 Road closed and two people taken to hospital following Lakenheath crash
- 2 Fighter jets from RAF Lakenheath to fly over London NFL games
- 3 The story of Mildenhall's workhouses uncovered after 100 years
- 4 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 5 New community hub for Thetford after girl's terrifying attack
- 6 Community should have bigger say on development, says councillors
- 7 New phase of consultation over major estate revamp to begin
- 8 Norfolk Covid-19 case rates increase slightly, with 55 in hospital
- 9 GPS equipment stolen from five tractors in village
- 10 An A to Z of East Anglian cider