Doggy day of fun raises more than £10,000 for charity
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2018
A fun day for our furry four-legged friends has raised more than £10,000 for an animal rescue centre.
Dogs Trust Snetterton saw more than 2,000 people attend its Fun Day at the rehoming centre on North End Road.
The highlight of the day was the dog show, where ex-Dogs Trust Snetterton resident Teddy won Best in Show after wowing the judges.
The King Charles spaniel was very overweight when he first arrived at the centre, but after support from his new family, he is now a healthy weight.
More than £10,000 was raised for the charity that has centres across the UK and Ireland.
Relations officer, Paige Langton, said: "It was wonderful to see so many people and of course not forgetting all our four-legged-friends who attended — many of which were ex-residents that we were so happy to see doing so well."
The day included a display from the Lowestoft Agility Team, the Scratby Donkeys and an appearance by Dogcilla, the Dogs Trust mascot.
- 1 Driver sustains neck injuries in two-vehicle crash near Thetford
- 2 Woman accused of stealing £11k of printer ink across East Anglia
- 3 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 4 Schoolgirl racially abused by boys in Mildenhall play park
- 5 'Dishonest to the core' burglar jailed for four years
- 6 The photographer with an eye for catching dogs in flight
- 7 Robber armed with Taser steals cash from Mildenhall shop
- 8 Man who may pose risk to children could be in Norfolk or Suffolk
- 9 Person taken to hospital after farm vehicle crashes into wall
- 10 Disruptions likely after warnings of dense fog set to last two days