Doggy day of fun raises more than £10,000 for charity
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2018
A fun day for our furry four-legged friends has raised more than £10,000 for an animal rescue centre.
Dogs Trust Snetterton saw more than 2,000 people attend its Fun Day at the rehoming centre on North End Road.
The highlight of the day was the dog show, where ex-Dogs Trust Snetterton resident Teddy won Best in Show after wowing the judges.
The King Charles spaniel was very overweight when he first arrived at the centre, but after support from his new family, he is now a healthy weight.
More than £10,000 was raised for the charity that has centres across the UK and Ireland.
You may also want to watch:
Relations officer, Paige Langton, said: "It was wonderful to see so many people and of course not forgetting all our four-legged-friends who attended — many of which were ex-residents that we were so happy to see doing so well."
The day included a display from the Lowestoft Agility Team, the Scratby Donkeys and an appearance by Dogcilla, the Dogs Trust mascot.
- 1 Mini science centre to feature at town's riverside development
- 2 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 3 'Vital' washing and cooking facilities to help homeless opens in town
- 4 Before the blaze: Elveden Forest Center Parcs in its early years
- 5 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 7 Wanted man arrested in Dereham
- 8 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 9 Logs spill across A47 after lorry and tractor crash
- 10 Team GB athlete to inspire pupils to get healthy with visit to school