Doggy day of fun raises more than £10,000 for charity
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2018
A fun day for our furry four-legged friends has raised more than £10,000 for an animal rescue centre.
Dogs Trust Snetterton saw more than 2,000 people attend its Fun Day at the rehoming centre on North End Road.
The highlight of the day was the dog show, where ex-Dogs Trust Snetterton resident Teddy won Best in Show after wowing the judges.
The King Charles spaniel was very overweight when he first arrived at the centre, but after support from his new family, he is now a healthy weight.
More than £10,000 was raised for the charity that has centres across the UK and Ireland.
You may also want to watch:
Relations officer, Paige Langton, said: "It was wonderful to see so many people and of course not forgetting all our four-legged-friends who attended — many of which were ex-residents that we were so happy to see doing so well."
The day included a display from the Lowestoft Agility Team, the Scratby Donkeys and an appearance by Dogcilla, the Dogs Trust mascot.
- 1 Man in critical condition after being stabbed in Thetford
- 2 Flowers and windmill stolen from baby's grave
- 3 Town's county councillors vow to tackle neglected underpasses
- 4 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 5 Rush to save school proms from being axed
- 6 Masked burglar hit victim with fake gun and threatened to shoot family dog
- 7 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 8 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 9 Drug-driver's pickup cannoned off-duty detective's car into oncoming traffic
- 10 Tributes flood in for Dad's Army superfan and family man Neville