DHL Thetford staff boost hospice
STAFF at DHL/Exel Thetford have boosted the East Anglian Children's Hospice (EACH) to the tune of �4000 .The depot, which manages the warehouse and distribution operation for Jeyes Limited, generated cash through raffles and “dress down” days on site, and also had two employees run in the New York marathon to raise extra funds.
STAFF at DHL/Exel Thetford have boosted the East Anglian Children's Hospice (EACH) to the tune of �4000 .
The depot, which manages the warehouse and distribution operation for Jeyes Limited, generated cash through raffles and “dress down” days on site, and also had two employees run in the New York marathon to raise extra funds.
The depot raised �2000, which will be doubled by DHL/Exel as part of their Match It foundation that helps nominated charities in the community.
Lee Sim, one of the employees who took part in the marathon, said: “The money raised has been a phenomenal effort from everyone here. The part that we played in running the marathon was minimal compared to the continual support the entire team gave towards the raffles and fund raising events we had through the year.”
You may also want to watch:
Phil Tricker, the other runner from the depot that took part in the run, and site operations manager added: “We are all incredibly proud of the team for the amount of money raised for EACH. It is a wonderful charity, helping many families and children through what must be terribly traumatic times. We admire the work they do, and we hope to raise more money for them in the future.”
Carl Brooks, who collected the cheque from the DHL/Exel depot on behalf of EACH, said: “The money raised for us by DHL/Exel Thetford is brilliant, as is the personal achievement for Lee and Phil to complete the New York marathon. The support from the local area is so important to the hospices' survival every year, so we are eternally grateful for all the donations received.”
- 1 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford
- 2 Retired firefighter looks back at four-day Thetford factory blaze 30 years on
- 3 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital
- 4 Cat left 'terrified' after being dumped next to road by driver
- 5 Gym becomes community hub with café and barber shop
- 6 21-year-old airlifted to hospital after car crashes into trees
- 7 The story of Mildenhall's workhouses uncovered after 100 years
- 8 Pretty town centre terrace is for sale by auction - and it needs doing up!
- 9 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 10 New community hub for Thetford after girl's terrifying attack
The fundraising actually netted more than the �2000 available to be doubled by DHL/Exel and the staff are to decide where that money will go.