Dementia awareness day held in Thetford
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2016
A dementia awareness day was held in Thetford to provide information to people who live with or care for someone with the condition.
Held at the Guildhall, the event was hosted by Thetford and District Dementia Support Group and featured staff from Grove Surgery and School Lane Surgery and the South Norfolk Admiral nurses.
Two dementia friends sessions and the event also hailed the move towards making the town a dementia friendly community.
Members of staff from The Light Cinema, one of the first businesses to register interest in the support group, talked to carers about their new card which allows carers free admission when they attend the cinema to support the person with the disability.
Refreshments throughout the day were donated by Tesco in the town and served by the stores community champions Sarah Douthwaite and Tracy Thomas
You may also want to watch:
The event was opened by Thetford mayor Denis Crawford who will support the charity during his mayoral year.
Local businesses who would like to be included in making town dementia friendly should email Joanne Mountjoy-Dixon at email@example.com
The support group runs a support session on Friday’s from 10am and 1pm at Cloverfield Community Church. For more information call 07542866519 or click here
- 1 Thetford counts costs after 5cm of rain falls in 30 minutes
- 2 Stretch of A11 closed due to 'large amount' of tyre debris on road
- 3 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 4 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 5 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
- 6 Have your say over future of growing estate
- 7 Horse found with maggot-infested wounds wins rosette at equestrian show
- 8 Photos capture impressive storm clouds dominating Norfolk skyline
- 9 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 10 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village