Dead A11 driver named
Police have today named a man who died following a road traffic collision on the A11 on Sunday.The collision, which occurred at around 3.20am
Police have today named a man who died following a road traffic collision on the A11 near Elveden at the weekend.
The collision, which occurred at around 3.20am near the war memorial on Sunday, was between a black Land Rover Freelander and a red Nissan Micra.
Police, the ambulance service and fire firefighters attended and the A11 was closed for more than seven hours.
The male driver of the Nissan was pronounced dead at the scene. He has been named as Mehmet Tekagac, 26, and from White Hart Street, in Thetford.
You may also want to watch:
The male driver of the Freelander was taken to West Suffolk Hospital in Bury St Edmunds with minor injuries.
Anyone who witnessed the collision is asked to call PC Richard Godden at the Suffolk Police serious collision investigation team on 01473 613500.
- 1 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 2 Former school to become homeless support hub in £1.7m revamp
- 3 Driver had drugs and £300 cash after being stopped on A11
- 4 Specialist exercises for 'less mobile' during lockdown
- 5 Discount hobby shop The Works 'could run out of money'
- 6 Flats could replace disused shop space in town centre
- 7 Pub safety fears disrupt town museum reopening
- 8 85% of West Suffolk Hospital staff vaccinated in battle to meet demand on health service
- 9 Suffolk Covid rates declining, but increased deaths expected
- 10 Why some over 70s get the Covid vaccine before over 80s