Dead A11 driver named
Police have today named a man who died following a road traffic collision on the A11 on Sunday.The collision, which occurred at around 3.20am
Police have today named a man who died following a road traffic collision on the A11 near Elveden at the weekend.
The collision, which occurred at around 3.20am near the war memorial on Sunday, was between a black Land Rover Freelander and a red Nissan Micra.
Police, the ambulance service and fire firefighters attended and the A11 was closed for more than seven hours.
The male driver of the Nissan was pronounced dead at the scene. He has been named as Mehmet Tekagac, 26, and from White Hart Street, in Thetford.
The male driver of the Freelander was taken to West Suffolk Hospital in Bury St Edmunds with minor injuries.
Anyone who witnessed the collision is asked to call PC Richard Godden at the Suffolk Police serious collision investigation team on 01473 613500.
- 1 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 2 Train delays as lorry hits railway bridge
- 3 Crowdfunder for terminally ill mum to fulfil dream of marrying partner
- 4 Police search for owner of puppy lost near Mildenhall
- 5 Final consultation to be undertaken on future of Thetford Market Place
- 6 'She was the glue' - Family's loving tribute to devoted mum Netty
- 7 Concerns raised over plans for holiday cabins at equestrian centre
- 8 Rare chance to rent a 16th century farmhouse overlooking a Norfolk estate
- 9 Motorbike and car crash on A134 near Norfolk village
- 10 Five-year-old child struck by car in Brandon discharged from hospital