Police to warn community of drug dealing dangers following murder
- Credit: Archant
Officers will be warning a community about the dangers of drug dealing after a murder related to County Lines.
Norfolk Police will be attending the quarterly meeting of the Safer Thetford Action Group (STAG) three months after David Lawal, 25, from Hackney, was found stabbed to death in Brandon Road, Thetford.
Police said the gym instructor's death had all the hallmarks of being connected to County Lines drug dealing and arrested 16 people.
Elie Saba, 33, of Goddards Way, Ilford, and Iddi Zito, 18, from Essex Street, East London, have been charged with one count of murder and conspiracy to supply class A drugs.
Two 17-year-old men from Greater London, who cannot be named for legal reasons, have also been charged.
You may also want to watch:
STAG has worked with police previously campaigning for the introduction of a Public Spaces Protection Order (PSPO) to tackle anti-social behaviour in the town centre.
The meeting will take place at The Carnegie Rooms at 7pm on Thursday, January 9.
- 1 Father-of-five in court accused of murdering wife after body found in country park pond
- 2 Under-50s to be called for vaccines as Moderna jab arrives in England
- 3 Four schools set to expand due to new housing developments
- 4 Man charged with spate of burglaries and thefts in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 5 46-year-old man charged with woman's murder
- 6 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 7 Charity's emergency appeal after losing £2.1m in pandemic
- 8 Bosses at hospital criticised for whistleblower 'witch-hunt' step down
- 9 Election 2021: Candidates confirmed for six West Suffolk Council by-elections
- 10 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park