11th person arrested in murder investigation
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2019
Another arrest has been made by officers investigating the murder of David Lawal in Thetford.
A 25-year-old woman was arrested in the town on the evening of Saturday, October 19 on suspicion of assisting an offender. She was taken into custody and has since been released under investigation.
Mr Lawal, 25, was fatally stabbed in the neck and chest area in an incident on Brandon Road in Thetford on Thursday, October 3.
A total of 11 people have now been arrested in connection with his death.
It follows the arrest of two suspects on Thursday, October 17, a 23-year-old from Haverhill and a 42-year-old from Norwich, who were also arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender. Both men were questioned before being released under investigation.
Three other suspects arrested earlier this week have also been released.
Detectives continue with their enquiries and officers are still keen to hear from anyone with information concerning the incident.
- 1 Anger as 'rollercoaster' appears at bottom of woman's garden
- 2 Firefighters tackling large fire near country park
- 3 Shed left destroyed after garden fire in west Suffolk
- 4 14 fire crews continue to battle large forest blaze near country park
- 5 'Could have caused explosion': Eco-warrior stops Thetford fire spreading
- 6 Drought declared in Norfolk
- 7 Town to host free outdoor screening of Encanto with street food stalls
- 8 Revealed: Why wasps chase you and how to get rid of them this summer
- 9 Where will be the hottest place in Norfolk this weekend?
- 10 'Incredible' firefighters spend nearly 12 hours tackling forest blaze
Contact the Norfolk and Suffolk Major Investigation Team on 101 quoting Operation Petersfield.
You can also share information online here https://mipp.police.uk/operation/363719N41-PO1.