Family diner shuts its doors two years after opening
- Credit: Archant
A diner set up in memory of a 25-year-old woman has announced its closure.
Dannii’s Diner, on Thetford Road in Brandon, is “calling time” two years after opening. It notably served traditional pie and mash with liquor and eels.
A heartfelt post on its Facebook page it said: “It is with great sadness that we are calling time on Dannii’s Diner.
“We would like to thank every one of our customers for your support over the last two years. We will be closing on Saturday 13 April.
“It would be lovely to see you all if you are about. Again, thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your custom.”
You may also want to watch:
Carl and Ann Foster had previously told how they always wanted to run a cafe but sadly before the shop could be opened, their daughter Danielle, known as Dannii, died suddenly in May 2016 of a heart attack.
The 25-year-old had a rare and severe form of muscular dystrophy (MD), known as Duchenne.
- 1 Mini science centre to feature at town's riverside development
- 2 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 3 'Vital' washing and cooking facilities to help homeless opens in town
- 4 Before the blaze: Elveden Forest Center Parcs in its early years
- 5 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 7 Wanted man arrested in Dereham
- 8 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 9 Logs spill across A47 after lorry and tractor crash
- 10 Team GB athlete to inspire pupils to get healthy with visit to school
Dannii’s Diner has been contacted for comment.