Family diner shuts its doors two years after opening
- Credit: Archant
A diner set up in memory of a 25-year-old woman has announced its closure.
Dannii’s Diner, on Thetford Road in Brandon, is “calling time” two years after opening. It notably served traditional pie and mash with liquor and eels.
A heartfelt post on its Facebook page it said: “It is with great sadness that we are calling time on Dannii’s Diner.
“We would like to thank every one of our customers for your support over the last two years. We will be closing on Saturday 13 April.
“It would be lovely to see you all if you are about. Again, thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your custom.”
You may also want to watch:
Carl and Ann Foster had previously told how they always wanted to run a cafe but sadly before the shop could be opened, their daughter Danielle, known as Dannii, died suddenly in May 2016 of a heart attack.
The 25-year-old had a rare and severe form of muscular dystrophy (MD), known as Duchenne.
- 1 Man in critical condition after being stabbed in Thetford
- 2 Flowers and windmill stolen from baby's grave
- 3 Town's county councillors vow to tackle neglected underpasses
- 4 Masked burglar hit victim with fake gun and threatened to shoot family dog
- 5 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 6 Rush to save school proms from being axed
- 7 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 8 Drug-driver's pickup cannoned off-duty detective's car into oncoming traffic
- 9 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 10 Tributes flood in for Dad's Army superfan and family man Neville
Dannii’s Diner has been contacted for comment.