Norfolk museum to appear on BBC’s One Show
- Credit: Sue Dent
Some familiar faces will be appearing on television next week to take part in a special recording.
The Dad's Army Museum in Thetford will be on the BBC's One Show on Monday, August 19 for a Dad's Army special.
The museum celebrates the former BBC comedy series that was filmed in the town and the surrounding area airing from 1968 to 1977.
Volunteers Chris Holden and Mick Whitman are appearing alongside Jones's butcher's van.
The show is highlighting lost episodes of the Second World War sitcom, which are being re-created for television.
You may also want to watch:
Events organiser for the museum, Heather Mead, said: "It's good for the museum to gain some more recognition for all our hardwork.
"They are like the missing piece of the Dads Army jigsaw. Although we have seen the scripts and heard the radio episodes it would be great to see them come to life."
- 1 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 2 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 3 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 4 Death of woman at country park being treated as 'isolated incident'
- 5 Seven months in prison for burglar who stole cash from church cafe
- 6 Prince Philip's love of birds remembered at Thetford-based trust
- 7 Overrunning roadworks temporarily closes part of A11
- 8 Burger and Italian restaurant set to open at town's riverside complex
- 9 Councillor accused of spreading 'damaging disinformation' on facemasks
- 10 Person hit by train between Norwich and Stansted
The One Show will air on BBC One at 7pm on Monday, August 19.