Norfolk museum to appear on BBC’s One Show
- Credit: Sue Dent
Some familiar faces will be appearing on television next week to take part in a special recording.
The Dad's Army Museum in Thetford will be on the BBC's One Show on Monday, August 19 for a Dad's Army special.
The museum celebrates the former BBC comedy series that was filmed in the town and the surrounding area airing from 1968 to 1977.
Volunteers Chris Holden and Mick Whitman are appearing alongside Jones's butcher's van.
The show is highlighting lost episodes of the Second World War sitcom, which are being re-created for television.
You may also want to watch:
Events organiser for the museum, Heather Mead, said: "It's good for the museum to gain some more recognition for all our hardwork.
"They are like the missing piece of the Dads Army jigsaw. Although we have seen the scripts and heard the radio episodes it would be great to see them come to life."
- 1 Brandon man handed three-year restraining order by judge
- 2 Father-of-five in court accused of murdering wife after body found in country park pond
- 3 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 4 Police continue probe into murder of woman at country park
- 5 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 6 Extra police as pub gardens opening could coincide with Canaries promotion
- 7 Cordon lifted in country park as murder inquiry continues
- 8 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 9 Covid vaccine rollout shifts dramatically in favour of second doses
- 10 Corrie McKeague inquest will not probe police investigation
The One Show will air on BBC One at 7pm on Monday, August 19.