Norfolk museum to appear on BBC’s One Show
- Credit: Sue Dent
Some familiar faces will be appearing on television next week to take part in a special recording.
The Dad's Army Museum in Thetford will be on the BBC's One Show on Monday, August 19 for a Dad's Army special.
The museum celebrates the former BBC comedy series that was filmed in the town and the surrounding area airing from 1968 to 1977.
Volunteers Chris Holden and Mick Whitman are appearing alongside Jones's butcher's van.
The show is highlighting lost episodes of the Second World War sitcom, which are being re-created for television.
You may also want to watch:
Events organiser for the museum, Heather Mead, said: "It's good for the museum to gain some more recognition for all our hardwork.
"They are like the missing piece of the Dads Army jigsaw. Although we have seen the scripts and heard the radio episodes it would be great to see them come to life."
- 1 Thetford counts costs after 5cm of rain falls in 30 minutes
- 2 Stretch of A11 closed due to 'large amount' of tyre debris on road
- 3 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 4 Horse found with maggot-infested wounds wins rosette at equestrian show
- 5 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 6 Photos capture impressive storm clouds dominating Norfolk skyline
- 7 Have your say over future of growing estate
- 8 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
- 9 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 10 7 family days out for under £20 in Norfolk this summer
The One Show will air on BBC One at 7pm on Monday, August 19.