Norfolk Dad’s Army museum appears on BBC One Show
- Credit: Archant
Don’t panic, Captain Mainwaring... we’re live on television.
Dad's Army Museum Thetford made a special appearance on the BBC's The One Show on Monday, August 19, as it aired a special on the Second World War sitcom.
The museum celebrates the former BBC comedy series that was filmed in the town and the surrounding area airing from 1968 to 1977.
Volunteers Chris Holden and Mick Whitman - who regularly appears as Captain Mainwaring at events - appeared on the show alongside the Jones's butcher's van which featured at the top of the show as presenters Matt Baker and Angellica Bell arrived in style.
The special was highlighting the lost episodes which are being re-created for television with a new star studded cast.
You may also want to watch:
Heather Mead, events organiser for the museum, said: "Jones Van appearing on the One Show was a fantastic moment for the museum. I know from feedback the volunteers that we all feel very proud."
- 1 Brandon man handed three-year restraining order by judge
- 2 Police continue probe into murder of woman at country park
- 3 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 4 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 5 Coronation Street star's surprise message to Norfolk care team
- 6 Corrie McKeague inquest will not probe police investigation
- 7 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 8 Death of woman at country park being treated as 'isolated incident'
- 9 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 10 Woman, 73, convicted of forging second deceased partner's will