Norfolk Dad’s Army museum appears on BBC One Show
- Credit: Archant
Don’t panic, Captain Mainwaring... we’re live on television.
Dad's Army Museum Thetford made a special appearance on the BBC's The One Show on Monday, August 19, as it aired a special on the Second World War sitcom.
The museum celebrates the former BBC comedy series that was filmed in the town and the surrounding area airing from 1968 to 1977.
Volunteers Chris Holden and Mick Whitman - who regularly appears as Captain Mainwaring at events - appeared on the show alongside the Jones's butcher's van which featured at the top of the show as presenters Matt Baker and Angellica Bell arrived in style.
The special was highlighting the lost episodes which are being re-created for television with a new star studded cast.
You may also want to watch:
Heather Mead, events organiser for the museum, said: "Jones Van appearing on the One Show was a fantastic moment for the museum. I know from feedback the volunteers that we all feel very proud."
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Fighter jets from RAF Lakenheath to fly over London NFL games
- 3 GPS equipment stolen from five tractors in village
- 4 New community hub for Thetford after girl's terrifying attack
- 5 New phase of consultation over major estate revamp to begin
- 6 'Like a little Hitler' - Fury as row breaks out at council meeting
- 7 Elizabeth Truss and Dominic Raab to share access to mansion after PM ruling
- 8 Community should have bigger say on development, says councillors
- 9 Man wanted for Thetford assault found dead after 10-month disappearance
- 10 Do you remember when Tornado's rumble caused village uproar?