Venue to hold Dad’s Army experience weekend
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A Norfolk venue will be holding an experience weekend full of nostalgia relating to one of the country’s favourite comedy programmes.
The Dad’s Army Experience at Lynford Hall, near Thetford, will be held on June 23 and 24.
The event will include tours exploring filming locations and a visit to the Dad’s Army Museum in Thetford on the Saturday.
In the evening, a 1940s diner dance will also be held, with a three-course meal, The Swingtime Sweethearts and the Dad’s Army Platoon.
On the Sunday there will be an optional visit to Bressingham Steam and Gardens which includes a recreation of Walmington-on-Sea, the fictional home of Captain Mainwaring and his men.
You may also want to watch:
Information on prices can be found by visiting the Lynford Hall website at www.lynfordhallhotel.co.uk
You can also email email@example.com or call 01842 878351.
- 1 Father-of-five in court accused of murdering wife after body found in country park pond
- 2 Under-50s to be called for vaccines as Moderna jab arrives in England
- 3 Four schools set to expand due to new housing developments
- 4 Man charged with spate of burglaries and thefts in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 5 46-year-old man charged with woman's murder
- 6 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 7 Charity's emergency appeal after losing £2.1m in pandemic
- 8 Bosses at hospital criticised for whistleblower 'witch-hunt' step down
- 9 Election 2021: Candidates confirmed for six West Suffolk Council by-elections
- 10 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park