Venue to hold Dad’s Army experience weekend
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A Norfolk venue will be holding an experience weekend full of nostalgia relating to one of the country’s favourite comedy programmes.
The Dad’s Army Experience at Lynford Hall, near Thetford, will be held on June 23 and 24.
The event will include tours exploring filming locations and a visit to the Dad’s Army Museum in Thetford on the Saturday.
In the evening, a 1940s diner dance will also be held, with a three-course meal, The Swingtime Sweethearts and the Dad’s Army Platoon.
On the Sunday there will be an optional visit to Bressingham Steam and Gardens which includes a recreation of Walmington-on-Sea, the fictional home of Captain Mainwaring and his men.
You may also want to watch:
Information on prices can be found by visiting the Lynford Hall website at www.lynfordhallhotel.co.uk
You can also email email@example.com or call 01842 878351.
- 1 Training at RAF base given positive rating by Ofsted
- 2 Man due in court in connection with Norfolk stab attack
- 3 Sex abuse survivor hits out at attacker's sentence
- 4 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 5 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford
- 6 WATCH: Norfolk troops train ahead of peacekeeping mission in Mali
- 7 Gym becomes community hub with café and barber shop
- 8 The story of Mildenhall's workhouses uncovered after 100 years
- 9 Fighter jets from RAF Lakenheath to fly over London NFL games
- 10 Retired firefighter looks back at four-day Thetford factory blaze 30 years on