Venue to hold Dad’s Army experience weekend
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A Norfolk venue will be holding an experience weekend full of nostalgia relating to one of the country’s favourite comedy programmes.
The Dad’s Army Experience at Lynford Hall, near Thetford, will be held on June 23 and 24.
The event will include tours exploring filming locations and a visit to the Dad’s Army Museum in Thetford on the Saturday.
In the evening, a 1940s diner dance will also be held, with a three-course meal, The Swingtime Sweethearts and the Dad’s Army Platoon.
On the Sunday there will be an optional visit to Bressingham Steam and Gardens which includes a recreation of Walmington-on-Sea, the fictional home of Captain Mainwaring and his men.
You may also want to watch:
Information on prices can be found by visiting the Lynford Hall website at www.lynfordhallhotel.co.uk
You can also email email@example.com or call 01842 878351.
- 1 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 2 Former school to become homeless support hub in £1.7m revamp
- 3 Driver had drugs and £300 cash after being stopped on A11
- 4 Specialist exercises for 'less mobile' during lockdown
- 5 Discount hobby shop The Works 'could run out of money'
- 6 Flats could replace disused shop space in town centre
- 7 Pub safety fears disrupt town museum reopening
- 8 85% of West Suffolk Hospital staff vaccinated in battle to meet demand on health service
- 9 Suffolk Covid rates declining, but increased deaths expected
- 10 Why some over 70s get the Covid vaccine before over 80s