Fundraising event will raises awareness of cystic fibrosis
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2018
A cystic fibrosis (CF) awareness and fundraising day is being held in Thetford.
It causes the production of abnormally thick mucus, leading to the blockage of several organs, including the lungs and pancreas.
The mucus becomes a haven for bacteria and infection.
On Saturday, July 28, Miss Wright, from Attleborough, and her family will be holding the fundraising event for Cystic Fibrosis Trust.
Taking place at Thetford Garden Centre, between 10am and 4pm, there will be a cake stall, tombola, raffle, lucky dip, merchandise and a treasure trail.
You may also want to watch:
The money raised will help the Cystic Fibrosis Trust find ways to beat the condition and help to make a difference to the lives of those with the condition, around 10,400 people in the UK, and the people who care for them.
For more information about cystic fibrosis and the trust visit the Cystic Fibrosis Trust website.
- 1 Have your say over future of growing estate
- 2 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 3 'It's killing me': Abuse victim moved into flat with asbestos and mould
- 4 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 5 Car crashes into central reservation on A11
- 6 Where you are most likely to get your bike stolen in Norfolk
- 7 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 8 Abusive man grabbed wife by throat and banged her head on floor
- 9 Parkruns return to Norfolk for first time since Covid
- 10 Police chief warns of 'inevitable' rise in certain crimes after pandemic