Fundraising event will raises awareness of cystic fibrosis
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2018
A cystic fibrosis (CF) awareness and fundraising day is being held in Thetford.
It causes the production of abnormally thick mucus, leading to the blockage of several organs, including the lungs and pancreas.
The mucus becomes a haven for bacteria and infection.
On Saturday, July 28, Miss Wright, from Attleborough, and her family will be holding the fundraising event for Cystic Fibrosis Trust.
Taking place at Thetford Garden Centre, between 10am and 4pm, there will be a cake stall, tombola, raffle, lucky dip, merchandise and a treasure trail.
You may also want to watch:
The money raised will help the Cystic Fibrosis Trust find ways to beat the condition and help to make a difference to the lives of those with the condition, around 10,400 people in the UK, and the people who care for them.
For more information about cystic fibrosis and the trust visit the Cystic Fibrosis Trust website.
- 1 Mini science centre to feature at town's riverside development
- 2 Before the blaze: Elveden Forest Center Parcs in its early years
- 3 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 4 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 5 Wanted man arrested in Dereham
- 6 A11 reopens following earlier collision
- 7 Man found near air base with gun, axe and lock knife sentenced
- 8 Team GB athlete to inspire pupils to get healthy with visit to school
- 9 Garden centre launches outdoor eating with wood-fired pizza and waffles
- 10 Norfolk Covid cases slightly up but below national averages