Cycling award at Thetford school
HEALTHY SCHOOL: Drake Infant School in Thetford is the first in the town to be awarded for cycling.
The Sustrans Bronze School Mark was presented for encouraging its pupils to bike to and from school in a bid to become healthier.
Due to the success, the school has installed further storage through a Sustrans grant and Bike It champion and reception teacher Kim Green runs sessions to teach pupils to cycle without stabilisers. The result is that regular cycling levels have risen from 19pc to 51pc.
Sustrans Bike It officer Georgie Burr said: “I am so impressed with Drake school. They have managed to create a cycle friendly culture in the school.”
For more information on the project contact Georgie Burr on 07973 128206 or email email@example.com
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher Mary Bartrop and reception teacher, Kim Green are pictured with pupils.
- 1 What is the fuel situation looking like in Thetford?
- 2 Harley-Davidson motorcyclist dies in A134 crash
- 3 How 'inadequate' school is making strides towards 'bright future'
- 4 Van overturns while trying to enter A11 petrol station
- 5 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 6 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 7 Thetford man charged with abduction of 17-year-old girl
- 8 Drivers delayed following accident in Brandon
- 9 Thetford man wanted in connection with assault
- 10 Norfolk man in a relationship with teen he abducted, court told