Curry evening raises funds for Thetford mayor’s charity fund
- Credit: Archant
A charity curry evening has been held to raise money for Mayor of Thetford’s charity fund.
Mayor Terry Jermy teamed up with the Indian restaurant Thetford Raj to host the charity evening which saw 55 guests treated to a buffet meal.
The evening raised more than £500 for the fund, bringing the total raised during the year to £5,000.
Mr Jermy said: “My thanks to the team at Thetford Raj and in particular Lee Choudhury the owner who came up with the idea.
“We were all thoroughly well looked after on the night and the food was great. I’m so pleased that this money can go towards the charity fund which has now surpassed the £5,000 mark.”
You may also want to watch:
The fund has been split between local groups with eight different organisations receiving £200 each before Christmas and a number of local groups due to receive a share in the next few weeks.
These include 1109 Thetforf Squadron Air Cadets, Thetford Town Boxing Club and Fulmerston Family Project.
- 1 Brandon man handed three-year restraining order by judge
- 2 Police continue probe into murder of woman at country park
- 3 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 4 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 5 Coronation Street star's surprise message to Norfolk care team
- 6 Corrie McKeague inquest will not probe police investigation
- 7 Death of woman at country park being treated as 'isolated incident'
- 8 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 9 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 10 Woman, 73, convicted of forging second deceased partner's will