Curry evening raises funds for Thetford mayor’s charity fund
- Credit: Archant
A charity curry evening has been held to raise money for Mayor of Thetford’s charity fund.
Mayor Terry Jermy teamed up with the Indian restaurant Thetford Raj to host the charity evening which saw 55 guests treated to a buffet meal.
The evening raised more than £500 for the fund, bringing the total raised during the year to £5,000.
Mr Jermy said: “My thanks to the team at Thetford Raj and in particular Lee Choudhury the owner who came up with the idea.
“We were all thoroughly well looked after on the night and the food was great. I’m so pleased that this money can go towards the charity fund which has now surpassed the £5,000 mark.”
The fund has been split between local groups with eight different organisations receiving £200 each before Christmas and a number of local groups due to receive a share in the next few weeks.
These include 1109 Thetforf Squadron Air Cadets, Thetford Town Boxing Club and Fulmerston Family Project.
- 1 Train delays as lorry hits railway bridge
- 2 Crowdfunder for terminally ill mum to fulfil dream of marrying partner
- 3 Police search for owner of puppy lost near Mildenhall
- 4 Concerns raised over plans for holiday cabins at equestrian centre
- 5 Final consultation to be undertaken on future of Thetford Market Place
- 6 'She was the glue' - Family's loving tribute to devoted mum Netty
- 7 Rare chance to rent a 16th century farmhouse overlooking a Norfolk estate
- 8 Catalytic converters stolen from three cars in Mildenhall in one night
- 9 Five-year-old child struck by car in Brandon discharged from hospital
- 10 Motorbike and car crash on A134 near Norfolk village