Crowds turn out to support popular and colourful Brandon Carnival
- Credit: Archant
It is a popular and colourful family event. And this year’s Brandon Carnival saw hundreds of people line the streets to watch the parade before enjoying the many stalls and activities on offer.
Businesses, charities and sports groups and even Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service took part in the parade down London Road.
There were performances throughout the day by Zumba Lou Lou, the Brandon School of Dance, Ishin Ryu Ju Jitsu and Shoestring Theatre Company.
Carnival committee member Terry Hawkins said: “It seems to get bigger every year. We definitely had a lot of people turn up this year.
“Everyone seemed to enjoy it. We had young kids turn up and adults turn up and it brings out the whole family. It was a good day.”
You may also want to watch:
After the parade, families were able to enjoy a wide range of attractions, including a rodeo bull, climbing wall, face painting and carnival games.
- 1 Family to open cafe named for 'cheeky' twins who fought rare disease
- 2 Emotional great grandma meets nine-month-old twins for first time
- 3 'Vital' washing and cooking facilities to help homeless opens in town
- 4 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 5 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 6 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 7 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 8 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 9 Before the blaze: Elveden Forest Center Parcs in its early years
- 10 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash