Crowds turn out to support popular and colourful Brandon Carnival
- Credit: Archant
It is a popular and colourful family event. And this year’s Brandon Carnival saw hundreds of people line the streets to watch the parade before enjoying the many stalls and activities on offer.
Businesses, charities and sports groups and even Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service took part in the parade down London Road.
There were performances throughout the day by Zumba Lou Lou, the Brandon School of Dance, Ishin Ryu Ju Jitsu and Shoestring Theatre Company.
Carnival committee member Terry Hawkins said: “It seems to get bigger every year. We definitely had a lot of people turn up this year.
“Everyone seemed to enjoy it. We had young kids turn up and adults turn up and it brings out the whole family. It was a good day.”
You may also want to watch:
After the parade, families were able to enjoy a wide range of attractions, including a rodeo bull, climbing wall, face painting and carnival games.
- 1 Man charged with supplying Class A drugs in Thetford
- 2 Schools in Norfolk closed or partially shut due to coronavirus
- 3 Viking themed children's play area confirmed at town's historic park
- 4 Illegal puppy farm warning as one in ten plan to buy dog for Christmas
- 5 Shoppers support market town traders as second lockdown lifts
- 6 'Disgusting' - councillor slams culprits for defecating on footpaths and in front gardens
- 7 Stephen Fry voices heart-warming animation of rescued blind horse
- 8 Dozens of new Covid marshals to become 'the eyes and ears of the districts'
- 9 Arrest after man found with wooden baton and £30,000 in cash
- 10 Fresh calls for Norfolk to move to tier one ahead of key Commons vote