Man caught producing cannabis is jailed
- Credit: Norfolk Constabulary
A man caught producing cannabis by police has been jailed for two years.
Remigijus Ruzgus, 44, appeared at Ipswich Crown Court for sentence on Thursday having previously pleaded guilty to producing a controlled drug of class B at an earlier hearing.
It was the third attempt to sentence Ruzgus, of Carraway Road, Thetford, after two previous hearings had been adjourned.
He first appeared for sentence on November 17, but that hearing was adjourned to allow Ruzgus to seek legal representation.
Then on December 2, Recorder Graham Huston adjourned the hearing to allow a probation report to be prepared on Ruzgus.
Judge David Pugh, who previously warned Ruzgus that he was facing immediate imprisonment at the November hearing, jailed him for two years.
Ruzgus, who does not speak English and was aided by a Russian interpreter, was also ordered to pay a victim surcharge.
- 1 Music-loving dad whose ashes were fired into festival crowd took own life
- 2 Homes with dedicated support for rough sleepers to be built in Thetford
- 3 Jess Glynne cancels summer show in Thetford Forest
- 4 Pair deny dangerous driving on the A11 in Suffolk
- 5 Council leader refuses to condemn Downing Street parties
- 6 Rescued Mariah and Carey recovering after A11 crash
- 7 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?
- 8 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 9 These are the dog breeds given up most at a Norfolk rehoming centre
- 10 'Dishonest to the core' burglar jailed for four years