Trio of teenagers charged with bike thefts
- Credit: Archant
Three teenagers arrested in connection with a series of bike thefts have been charged.
It comes after police searched a house in Thetford last month, when they recovered four stolen bikes.
A teenage boy was arrested at the time and subsequently released on bail while further enquiries were made.
Two further arrests were made as the investigation continued and three teenagers, aged 14, 15 and 16, have now been charged with theft offences.
The 14-year-old boy is accused on four counts of theft between September 17 and October 6, all of which relate to incidents in Thetford.
The 15-year-old is accused of stealing bikes in Thetford and Attleborough, on September 17 and 22 respectively.
And the oldest boy is accused of three counts of theft in Thetford on October 6.
- 1 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 2 International designer asked to create ambitious vision for Thetford
- 3 Missing 84-year-old man found safe and well
- 4 Noise disruption possible as low-flying RAF jets simulate training
- 5 Driver had drugs and £300 cash after being stopped on A11
- 6 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 7 Covid led to huge fall in Norfolk parking fines and £1.3m budget hole
- 8 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 9 Former school to become homeless support hub in £1.7m revamp
- 10 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
The trio, who cannot be named for legal reasons, have been released on bail and will appear at Norwich Youth Court on Thursday, January 28, 2021.