Stolen car ended up 'flying 10ft into cornfield' near Mildenhall
- Credit: Suffolk Constabulary
A stolen car which has been missing for weeks has been found ditched in a cornfield.
The white Honda was stolen from a property near Mildenhall a few weeks ago.
A spokesman for Suffolk Constabulary said: "Police were called shortly after 7.45am today, Thursday, August 12, following reports that a stolen car – Honda Accord – had been found in a field at Red Lodge.
"The car keys were stolen during a burglary on July 23 and they were then used overnight to steal the car from outside a property in Beck Row.
"Extensive searches, in conjunction with partnership agencies, were carried out to locate the driver but they could not be traced.
"Recovery has been arranged and enquiries are ongoing."
Any witnesses, who may have noticed the incident or manner of driver, should contact Suffolk police, quoting incident number: 37/40457/21
- 1 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford
- 2 Retired firefighter looks back at four-day Thetford factory blaze 30 years on
- 3 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital
- 4 Cat left 'terrified' after being dumped next to road by driver
- 5 Gym becomes community hub with café and barber shop
- 6 21-year-old airlifted to hospital after car crashes into trees
- 7 The story of Mildenhall's workhouses uncovered after 100 years
- 8 Pretty town centre terrace is for sale by auction - and it needs doing up!
- 9 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 10 New community hub for Thetford after girl's terrifying attack
Fire crews helped by using their drone to help search for the vehicle.