Norfolk man in a relationship with teen he abducted, court told
- Credit: Archant
A man has appeared in court after being charged with the abduction of a 17-year-old girl.
Rocky Collins was arrested in London after he was wanted in connection with child abduction.
The 25-year-old appeared at Norwich Magistrates Court on Wednesday (September 22) when he admitted child abduction between September 4 and 21.
Collins, of Chester Way, Thetford, had been made the subject of a child abduction warning notice in October last year to stop contact between the two of them.
Priscilla Afful-Mensah, prosecuting, said Collins was aware he was not able to cause the child to stay away or have any contact with her.
But the defendant was seen entering the care accommodation where the teen was staying and subsequently was seen with her between September 4 and September 21 this year.
Gavin Cowe, mitigating for Collins, who has 23 previous convictions for 56 offences, said Collins admitted the offence. He was sentenced to 16 weeks custody suspended for 12 months.
- 1 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 2 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford
- 3 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
- 4 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital
- 5 Sex abuse survivor hits out at attacker's sentence
- 6 Gym becomes community hub with café and barber shop
- 7 Retired firefighter looks back at four-day Thetford factory blaze 30 years on
- 8 21-year-old airlifted to hospital after car crashes into trees
- 9 Pretty town centre terrace is for sale by auction - and it needs doing up!
- 10 Road closed and two people taken to hospital following Lakenheath crash