Man taken to hospital after being hit with tool in street
- Credit: IAN BURT
A man has been taken to hospital after being hit on the arm with a tool.
The victim, a man in his 30s, was walking on London Road, Thetford, near the playing fields, when he was approached and spoken to by two men.
One of the men struck the victim on the arm with a tool, causing lacerations.
The victim was taken to hospital.
Police are appealing for witnesses to the incident, which happened at about 10.10pm on December 5, and would like to hear from anyone who may have been in the area at the time.
The suspects are described as white. One was wearing a blue jumper and a black body warmer whilst the other was wearing a blue coat and a stripy hat. It’s also believed one of them was carrying an orange carrier bag.
Anyone with information, or CCTV or dashcam footage of the London Road, Bridge Street and White Hart Street areas at the time, should contact Thetford CID on 101 quoting reference number 36/85680/20.
- 1 Driver escapes serious injury after 4x4 flips onto roof
- 2 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 'Fantastic' students donate funds from cancelled prom to children's hospice
- 5 Drug-dealers caught in undercover police sting
- 6 Fiat 500 thought to be stolen found crashed into wall
- 7 Plans submitted for Center Parcs-inspired retirement village
- 8 Man charged with drink-driving on the A11
- 9 Dog walker given £5,000 reward after finding stolen machinery
- 10 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney