Man in critical condition after being stabbed in Thetford
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 30s is in a critical condition in hospital after being stabbed in Thetford.
Police were called to St Giles Lane just before 8.30pm on Thursday after reports that a man had been found with stab wounds to his leg and stomach.
Emergency services, including the air ambulance attended the scene and the victim was taken to the West Suffolk Hospital in Bury St Edmunds for treatment.
He was transferred to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge where he remains in a critical but stable condition.
A man aged in his 30s has been arrested.
A police spokesman said: "Whilst enquiries are ongoing, officers do believe the victim and the man arrested are known to each other and believe it to be an isolated incident."
Police are appealing for anyone who witnessed the incident or has any information concerning it, to come forward.
- 1 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 2 'It's killing me': Abuse victim moved into flat with asbestos and mould
- 3 RAF base warns of increased Apache helicopter flying activity
- 4 Where you are most likely to get your bike stolen in Norfolk
- 5 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 6 Police chief warns of 'inevitable' rise in certain crimes after pandemic
- 7 Car crashes into central reservation on A11
- 8 Abusive man grabbed wife by throat and banged her head on floor
- 9 Thunderstorms and heavy rain warning for Norfolk
- 10 Find out who made the Norfolk Day Drabble writing competition shortlist
Contact Swaffham CID on 101 quoting incident 451 of June 17, 2021 or ring Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.