Man to appear in court next month over stabbing in Norfolk
- Credit: Archant
A man is due to appear in court next month after being charged in relation to a stabbing in Thetford.
It relates to an incident on King Street, near St Giles Lane shortly before 8.30pm on June 17, when a man aged in his 30s was found with stab wounds to his leg and stomach.
Emergency services, including the air ambulance attended the scene and the victim was taken to the West Suffolk Hospital for treatment.
He was later transferred to Addenbrooke's Hospital in a serious condition.
Pavels Makarovs, 38 of White Hart Street, Thetford has been charged with grievous bodily harm with intent and possession of a knife in connection with the incident.
He appeared before Norwich Magistrates Court earlier this month and was remanded in custody.
Makarovs is next due to appear at Norwich Crown Court on July 19.
- 1 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 2 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford
- 3 Sex abuse survivor hits out at attacker's sentence
- 4 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
- 5 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital
- 6 Retired firefighter looks back at four-day Thetford factory blaze 30 years on
- 7 Gym becomes community hub with café and barber shop
- 8 Pretty town centre terrace is for sale by auction - and it needs doing up!
- 9 21-year-old airlifted to hospital after car crashes into trees
- 10 Go Ape and Segway night sessions return to Thetford Forest this half term