Man on indecent exposure charges has case adjourned - so he can take medication at home
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
A man charged with multiple counts of indecent exposure had his court case adjourned after he had to return home to take his medication.
Jose Moreira, 65, from Earls Street, Thetford, was due to appear at Norwich Magistrates Court on Wednesday, November 18 to face seven charges of having exposed his genitals in Thetford.
The court was told by Dave Stewart, who represented Moreira, that he was “seriously not well”.
He said he had recently suffered a stroke and had not taken the medication he needed and so had gone home to do so.
Magistrates agreed to adjourn the case until November 30.
You may also want to watch:
Moreira has been charged with seven counts of exposure, contrary to the Sexual Offences Act.
The offences are said to have happened between January 1 2019 and February 20 2020.
- 1 Plans submitted for Center Parcs-inspired retirement village
- 2 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
- 3 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 4 Driver escapes serious injury after 4x4 flips onto roof
- 5 Grab your binoculars to see the Moon, Mars and Uranus together
- 6 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 7 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 8 'Fantastic' students donate funds from cancelled prom to children's hospice
- 9 Drug-dealers caught in undercover police sting
- 10 Heat map images reveal Norfolk's most popular running routes