Man arrested in connection with trio of arson incidents in village
- Credit: Matthew Earth
A man in his 40s has been arrested in connection with a spate of three arson incidents in Hoxne.
The first incident happened between 12.45am and 1.30am on Saturday, April 17, where garden hedges and fencing were set alight near the Swann Inn pub in Low Street.
A second incident of arson was reported in the same location the following day and took place at around the same time.
The most recent incident happened at 1am on Friday, April 23 when police were called to a fire at a disused farm building in land off Green Street.
Fire crews attended all three incidents and extinguished the blazes. Nobody was injured in any of the incidents.
Police arrested a man in his 40s on Friday on suspicion of criminal damage and arson not endangering life.
He was taken to Bury St Edmunds police investigation centre to be questioned and was subsequently bailed to return to police on Friday, May 14.
- 1 Anger as 'rollercoaster' appears at bottom of woman's garden
- 2 Firefighters tackling large fire near country park
- 3 Shed left destroyed after garden fire in west Suffolk
- 4 20 fire engines and 90 firefighters contain large forest blaze
- 5 Drought declared in Norfolk
- 6 'Could have caused explosion': Eco-warrior stops Thetford fire spreading
- 7 Town to host free outdoor screening of Encanto with street food stalls
- 8 Revealed: Why wasps chase you and how to get rid of them this summer
- 9 Where will be the hottest place in Norfolk this weekend?
- 10 'Incredible' firefighters spend nearly 12 hours tackling forest blaze
Anyone with information related to the investigation is urged to contact Suffolk police, quoting reference 20367/21.