'Absolutely disgusting' - fury as sofas are dumped on Thetford estate
- Credit: Denise Green
Fly-tipping on a Thetford estate has been labelled as "absolutely disgusting" after a pair of sofas were dumped there.
The two pieces of furniture were found on Sunday (May 24) at Canon's Walk, the footpath running between St John's Way and St Martin's Way.
It had, however, been removed by Monday morning, although Breckland confirmed its own officers were not responsible.
Denise Green, who lives in the area, said fly-tipping in the area had become a prominent issue in recent times.
"I'm so disappointed in the disregard being shown to the area," she said. "The sofas were dumped right outside my neighbour's kitchen window.
You may also want to watch:
"I reported it on Sunday morning and they were collected by someone on Monday morning. But to add insult to injury, a resident has already decided to dump another item on there.
"I know it's a council estate but there really is no need for it. It's absolutely disgusting."
- 1 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 2 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 3 Potential for 30C today – but two days of thunderstorms on the way
- 4 Drugs most often seized by Norfolk police revealed
- 5 US servicemen commemorate death of RAF Lakenheath pilot in crash tragedy
- 6 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 7 Six figure commitment agreed to pursue Suffolk bus improvement strategy
- 8 School praised for 'effective action' to address serious failings
- 9 Care home creates mini golf course in its garden
- 10 Build of new school building could see more places for SEND children