Cannabis producer told he could face jail
- Credit: Charlotte Bond
A man who has admitted producing cannabis has been told by a judge he could be jailed when he is sentenced later this month.
Before Ipswich Crown Court on Thursday (December 2) was Remigijus Ruzgus, 44, of Carraway Road, Thetford.
He pleaded guilty at an earlier hearing to producing cannabis.
Recorder Graham Huston adjourned the sentence until December 15 to allow a probation report to be prepared on Ruzgus.
He told him that the fact he was adjourning the case for a report by the probation service shouldn’t be taken as an indication that he would receive anything other than an immediate prison sentence.
Ruzgus, who doesn’t speak any English, had the proceedings translated to him by a Russian interpreter.
- 1 Homes with dedicated support for rough sleepers to be built in Thetford
- 2 Council buys disused building to regenerate town's riverfront
- 3 Music-loving dad whose ashes were fired into festival crowd took own life
- 4 These are the dog breeds given up most at a Norfolk rehoming centre
- 5 Rescued Mariah and Carey recovering after A11 crash
- 6 'Threat to democracy' - Opposition fears council's constitution change
- 7 Council leader refuses to condemn Downing Street parties
- 8 Jess Glynne cancels summer show in Thetford Forest
- 9 Liz Truss sidesteps leadership question as she backs 'fantastic' PM
- 10 Medals awarded to esteemed military man to go under the hammer