Man charged after police officer grabbed and thrown to ground
- Credit: Google
A man in his 40s has been charged after a police officer was grabbed and thrown to the floor.
The assault happened at around 3.35pm on Wednesday, December 9, following an unconnected crash on London Road in Brandon.
An officer at the scene witnessed aggressive behaviour by a male and approached him to challenge his behaviour.
The man was verbally aggressive towards the officer, before grabbing her and throwing her to the ground.
The officer was taken to hospital having sustained pain in her knee and elbow, but was later discharged.
Jonathan Mcaughtrie, of London Road, Brandon, was arrested and taken to Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre.
The 47-year-old was subsequently charged with assault on a police officer, as well as causing harassment, alarm or distress, threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour or disorderly behaviour.
- 1 Father-of-five in court accused of murdering wife after body found in country park pond
- 2 Under-50s to be called for vaccines as Moderna jab arrives in England
- 3 Four schools set to expand due to new housing developments
- 4 Man charged with spate of burglaries and thefts in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 5 46-year-old man charged with woman's murder
- 6 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 7 Charity's emergency appeal after losing £2.1m in pandemic
- 8 Bosses at hospital criticised for whistleblower 'witch-hunt' step down
- 9 Election 2021: Candidates confirmed for six West Suffolk Council by-elections
- 10 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
He has been released on bail to appear at Ipswich Magistrates' Court on February 23, 2021.