46-year-old man charged with woman's murder
- Credit: Archant
A 46-year-old man has been charged with the murder of a woman whose body was found in a country park on Friday.
Andrius Vengalis, of Bury Road, Brandon, will appear in Ipswich Magistrates Court on Tuesday, April 13, charged with the murder of 35-year-old Egle Vengaliene, also of Bury Road, Brandon.
Police were called to Brandon Country Park just before 7am on Friday morning after Miss Vengaliene's body was found in the water at the Suffolk beauty spot.
Officers arrested Vengalis, 46, on Friday and he remains in custody.
Suffolk Police confirmed that the woman had been identified as Ms Vengaliene on Sunday evening. A post mortem examination was carried out on Saturday, April 10.
A large area of Brandon Country Park remains cordoned off by police while searches and inquiries continue.
Detectives continue to appeal for witnesses or anyone in the area of Brandon Country Park, Bury Road or surrounding streets who may have seen or heard anything suspicious.
Officers are also asking for those living in the area with doorbell camera or private CCTV to review their footage, as well as anyone with motion-activated dash-cam footage.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Major Investigation Team either by using the online portal: https://mipp.police.uk/operation/363718M87-PO1 or by calling 101 and quoting reference: 17570/21
- 1 Repeat offender given £600 fine for fly-tipping next to public bin
- 2 Man suffers 15cm cut across face in alleged knife attack over drugs
- 3 Woman in 80s suffers 'life-changing' injuries in collision
- 4 Noise warning issued amid RAF Lakenheath flight training
- 5 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 6 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 7 Candidate says 7,000 rejected ballots shows PCC voting system flawed
- 8 Man stole bicycle from outside town shop
- 9 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 10 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot