Crash victim was based at Lakenheath
A man based at RAF Lakenheath has died after his car left a north Suffolk road and struck trees.The accident happened on the A1095 near Reydon at about 10.
A man based at RAF Lakenheath has died after his car left a north Suffolk road and struck trees.
The accident happened on the A1095 near Reydon at about 10.15pm on Tuesday last week, about a quarter-of-a-mile east of the A12 junction at Blythburgh.
The 23-year-old man, who suffered head and chest injuries, was taken to the James Paget University Hospital, in Gorleston, but died a short time later from his injuries.
A spokesman for RAF Lakenheath said: “The victim was assigned to 48th Component Maintenance Squadron. The cause of the accident is under investigation. His name is being withheld pending notification of next of kin.”
You may also want to watch:
Police have appealed for any witnesses to the crash or anyone who saw the car on the road prior to the collision itself to contact them.
Anyone with any information should contact PC Paul Carr at the Serious Collision Investigation Team at Suffolk police headquarters on 01473 613500.
- 1 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 2 Emotional great grandma meets nine-month-old twins for first time
- 3 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 4 Family to open cafe named for 'cheeky' twins who fought rare disease
- 5 'Vital' washing and cooking facilities to help homeless opens in town
- 6 Before the blaze: Elveden Forest Center Parcs in its early years
- 7 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 8 Norfolk and Suffolk election 2021: No change in Breckland
- 9 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 10 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results