Country and western event raises money for St Nicholas Hospice Care
- Credit: Archant
A country and western evening organised by a charity volunteer has raised hundreds of pounds.
Lorraine Street, who gives her time to St Nicholas Hospice Care’s shop in Brandon, organised the event at the town’s Royal British Legion.
Held last month the night raised £350 for the hospice.
Mrs Street, who has volunteered for five years, said: “Everyone really had a brilliant time and we are so pleased with how it all went. The music was great and everyone had a great time dancing.
“The girls also did brilliantly with organising the raffle and we had so much support.”
You may also want to watch:
The occasion included a fancy dress competition.
She added: “I absolutely love volunteering for the hospice. I started five years ago as I was finding it difficult to find a new job and I needed something to do.
- 1 Teeny tiny property for sale for between £10,000-£20,000
- 2 Parents hit out at 'woefully inadequate' free school meals
- 3 How walking could improve your well-being this lockdown
- 4 Man who drove away from petrol stations without paying for fuel avoids jail
- 5 Record Covid highs for three areas of Norfolk
- 6 The areas of Norfolk where Covid cases are now falling
- 7 Councillor's Covid rule breach to be discussed
- 8 Woman faces trial for causing deaths of Norfolk couple
- 9 Stunning red skies over Norfolk - and it could signal snow on its way
- 10 Revealed: 13 new large vaccination sites to open in Norfolk and Waveney
“It’s been five years and I haven’t looked back. I really enjoy it.”