Country and western event raises money for St Nicholas Hospice Care
- Credit: Archant
A country and western evening organised by a charity volunteer has raised hundreds of pounds.
Lorraine Street, who gives her time to St Nicholas Hospice Care’s shop in Brandon, organised the event at the town’s Royal British Legion.
Held last month the night raised £350 for the hospice.
Mrs Street, who has volunteered for five years, said: “Everyone really had a brilliant time and we are so pleased with how it all went. The music was great and everyone had a great time dancing.
“The girls also did brilliantly with organising the raffle and we had so much support.”
You may also want to watch:
The occasion included a fancy dress competition.
She added: “I absolutely love volunteering for the hospice. I started five years ago as I was finding it difficult to find a new job and I needed something to do.
- 1 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 2 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 3 Death of woman at country park being treated as 'isolated incident'
- 4 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 5 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 6 Seven months in prison for burglar who stole cash from church cafe
- 7 Overrunning roadworks temporarily closes part of A11
- 8 Burger and Italian restaurant set to open at town's riverside complex
- 9 Councillor accused of spreading 'damaging disinformation' on facemasks
- 10 Prince Philip's love of birds remembered at Thetford-based trust
“It’s been five years and I haven’t looked back. I really enjoy it.”