Community groups in Thetford encouraged to apply for financial grant
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2009
Community groups and not-for-profit organisations in Thetford are being called on to apply for a financial grant.
The town council is now accepting applications for its annual grant scheme and will welcome interest from all parts of the town’s community.
Last year, the authority was able to support local community groups with grants totalling £26,093 - with 17 small grants and 12 medium sized grants handed out.
The Friends of Thetford Station benefitted from a small grant to buy gardening equipment and Thetford Singers, Music Arts Project and Thetford Players received grants to support music and drama activities in the town.
There are two schemes; small grants of up to £300, which can be applied for throughout the year, or medium grants of up £2,000.
You may also want to watch:
Applications for medium grants must be submitted to the council before Augusut, 31 2017.
For more information about the criteria to be eligible click here
For more information contact Roz Barnett by calling 01842 754247 or email RosalindBarnett@thetfordtowncouncil.gov.uk
- 1 Father-of-five in court accused of murdering wife after body found in country park pond
- 2 46-year-old man charged with woman's murder
- 3 Under-50s to be called for vaccines as Moderna jab arrives in England
- 4 Bosses at hospital criticised for whistleblower 'witch-hunt' step down
- 5 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 6 Four schools set to expand due to new housing developments
- 7 Man charged with spate of burglaries and thefts in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 8 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 9 Seven months in prison for burglar who stole cash from church cafe
- 10 Death of woman at country park being treated as 'isolated incident'