Community groups in Thetford encouraged to apply for financial grant
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2009
Community groups and not-for-profit organisations in Thetford are being called on to apply for a financial grant.
The town council is now accepting applications for its annual grant scheme and will welcome interest from all parts of the town’s community.
Last year, the authority was able to support local community groups with grants totalling £26,093 - with 17 small grants and 12 medium sized grants handed out.
The Friends of Thetford Station benefitted from a small grant to buy gardening equipment and Thetford Singers, Music Arts Project and Thetford Players received grants to support music and drama activities in the town.
There are two schemes; small grants of up to £300, which can be applied for throughout the year, or medium grants of up £2,000.
Applications for medium grants must be submitted to the council before Augusut, 31 2017.
For more information about the criteria to be eligible click here
For more information contact Roz Barnett by calling 01842 754247 or email RosalindBarnett@thetfordtowncouncil.gov.uk
- 1 Forest ride in memory of 'lively character' and popular mountain biker
- 2 Part of A134 closed after crash between lorry and car
- 3 Woman breaks down in tears as she denies making up sex assaults
- 4 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 5 Manchester City owner eyes Norfolk horse racing enterprise
- 6 Huge farm network is helping rare Brecks wildlife in field margins
- 7 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 8 New rules introduced today in bid to stop Omicron spread
- 9 Decision delayed on changes at South Norfolk equestrian centre
- 10 'Don’t try and book until the NHS says it is your turn' — PM on booster rollout