Community groups in Thetford encouraged to apply for financial grant
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2009
Community groups and not-for-profit organisations in Thetford are being called on to apply for a financial grant.
The town council is now accepting applications for its annual grant scheme and will welcome interest from all parts of the town’s community.
Last year, the authority was able to support local community groups with grants totalling £26,093 - with 17 small grants and 12 medium sized grants handed out.
The Friends of Thetford Station benefitted from a small grant to buy gardening equipment and Thetford Singers, Music Arts Project and Thetford Players received grants to support music and drama activities in the town.
There are two schemes; small grants of up to £300, which can be applied for throughout the year, or medium grants of up £2,000.
You may also want to watch:
Applications for medium grants must be submitted to the council before Augusut, 31 2017.
For more information about the criteria to be eligible click here
For more information contact Roz Barnett by calling 01842 754247 or email RosalindBarnett@thetfordtowncouncil.gov.uk
- 1 Fresh calls for Norfolk to move to tier one ahead of key Commons vote
- 2 Hope and caution - How Thetford is preparing to come out of lockdown
- 3 Dozens of new Covid marshals to become 'the eyes and ears of the districts'
- 4 'Disgusting' - councillor slams culprits for defecating on footpaths and in front gardens
- 5 Arrest after man found with wooden baton and £30,000 in cash
- 6 Friends pay tribute to war heroes with walking marathon effort
- 7 Norfolk in Tier 2 of coronavirus restrictions, government confirms
- 8 'He cried, I cried' - Loved ones reunited through care home's pilot test scheme
- 9 A1066 to close for five more nights
- 10 Norfolk sees significant falls in Covid cases, figures show