Community groups in Thetford encouraged to apply for financial grant
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2009
Community groups and not-for-profit organisations in Thetford are being called on to apply for a financial grant.
The town council is now accepting applications for its annual grant scheme and will welcome interest from all parts of the town’s community.
Last year, the authority was able to support local community groups with grants totalling £26,093 - with 17 small grants and 12 medium sized grants handed out.
The Friends of Thetford Station benefitted from a small grant to buy gardening equipment and Thetford Singers, Music Arts Project and Thetford Players received grants to support music and drama activities in the town.
There are two schemes; small grants of up to £300, which can be applied for throughout the year, or medium grants of up £2,000.
You may also want to watch:
Applications for medium grants must be submitted to the council before Augusut, 31 2017.
For more information about the criteria to be eligible click here
For more information contact Roz Barnett by calling 01842 754247 or email RosalindBarnett@thetfordtowncouncil.gov.uk
- 1 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
- 2 Thetford counts costs after 5cm of rain falls in 30 minutes
- 3 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 4 Man rescued from van after collision with tractor
- 5 'Extensive damage' caused as business centre is flooded
- 6 Parts of Thetford hit by flooding due to heavy rain
- 7 Cows cause congestion after wandering into RAF Lakenheath viewing area
- 8 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 9 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 10 Car crashes into central reservation on A11