Comedy auction night held at Thetford’s Thomas Paine Hotel raises money for EACH
- Credit: Archant
A comedy and auction evening has raised £1,021 for a children’s charity.
Held at the Thomas Paine Hotel, in Thetford, the event was raising money for East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices.
Comedian Tony Roscoe hosted the evening with appearances by former Norwich City player Robert Fleck, the Canaries’ fourth highest goal scorer, and former Luton Town and Coventry City player Kirk Stephens.
Gez Chetal, manager of the hotel, said: “It was a fantastic night with some great football legends who supported the event. It was really great fun for everyone with great food and entertainment.
“To raise £1,628 so far this year for charity makes us feel quite proud and we feel that we can defiantly top the £2,000 mark with our next event. “Thanks go to Andrew Grey and Matt Parfett for their assistance.
You may also want to watch:
“The hotel in the last four years has raised more than £4,000 and also donated around £1000 in raffle prizes.”
- 1 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 2 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 3 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 4 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 5 Former school to become homeless support hub in £1.7m revamp
- 6 Driver had drugs and £300 cash after being stopped on A11
- 7 Discount hobby shop The Works 'could run out of money'
- 8 Specialist exercises for 'less mobile' during lockdown
- 9 5 virtual games to play with family and friends over Zoom
- 10 5 tips from Norwich expert to keep your car in peak condition in lockdown