Comedy auction night held at Thetford’s Thomas Paine Hotel raises money for EACH
- Credit: Archant
A comedy and auction evening has raised £1,021 for a children’s charity.
Held at the Thomas Paine Hotel, in Thetford, the event was raising money for East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices.
Comedian Tony Roscoe hosted the evening with appearances by former Norwich City player Robert Fleck, the Canaries’ fourth highest goal scorer, and former Luton Town and Coventry City player Kirk Stephens.
Gez Chetal, manager of the hotel, said: “It was a fantastic night with some great football legends who supported the event. It was really great fun for everyone with great food and entertainment.
“To raise £1,628 so far this year for charity makes us feel quite proud and we feel that we can defiantly top the £2,000 mark with our next event. “Thanks go to Andrew Grey and Matt Parfett for their assistance.
You may also want to watch:
“The hotel in the last four years has raised more than £4,000 and also donated around £1000 in raffle prizes.”
- 1 Thetford man wanted in connection with assault
- 2 'Beers, big TVS and men's mental health': New barbershop to open in town
- 3 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs
- 4 Teen to mark first ever flight - by jumping out of the plane for charity
- 5 Hotel owner providing free lunches for those in need
- 6 New £39million hub officially opens to the public
- 7 Norfolk nursery nominated for national award
- 8 Teen stabbed in Thetford
- 9 Part of A11 closed due to crash involving motorbike
- 10 From infighting to foreign secretary - Elizabeth Truss' rise to success