Comedy auction night held at Thetford’s Thomas Paine Hotel raises money for EACH
- Credit: Archant
A comedy and auction evening has raised £1,021 for a children’s charity.
Held at the Thomas Paine Hotel, in Thetford, the event was raising money for East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices.
Comedian Tony Roscoe hosted the evening with appearances by former Norwich City player Robert Fleck, the Canaries’ fourth highest goal scorer, and former Luton Town and Coventry City player Kirk Stephens.
Gez Chetal, manager of the hotel, said: “It was a fantastic night with some great football legends who supported the event. It was really great fun for everyone with great food and entertainment.
“To raise £1,628 so far this year for charity makes us feel quite proud and we feel that we can defiantly top the £2,000 mark with our next event. “Thanks go to Andrew Grey and Matt Parfett for their assistance.
You may also want to watch:
“The hotel in the last four years has raised more than £4,000 and also donated around £1000 in raffle prizes.”
- 1 Father-of-five in court accused of murdering wife after body found in country park pond
- 2 Under-50s to be called for vaccines as Moderna jab arrives in England
- 3 Four schools set to expand due to new housing developments
- 4 Man charged with spate of burglaries and thefts in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 5 46-year-old man charged with woman's murder
- 6 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 7 Charity's emergency appeal after losing £2.1m in pandemic
- 8 Bosses at hospital criticised for whistleblower 'witch-hunt' step down
- 9 Election 2021: Candidates confirmed for six West Suffolk Council by-elections
- 10 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park