College shortlisted for apprenticeships and career guidance awards
- Credit: Archant
A college has been shortlisted for prestigious awards for its apprenticeships and career guidance for students.
West Suffolk College has been shortlisted for the two top awards by the Association of Colleges (AoC), which celebrate the best and most innovative practice among the UK’s further education and sixth form colleges.
The college, which has a campus in Mildenhall, is one of two up for the Award for the Promotion and Delivery of Successful Apprenticeships and The Careers and Enterprise Company Careers Education and Guidance Award.
Known as the Beacon Awards, 68 colleges entered this year and a shortlist was compiled before assessors visited West Suffolk College and other finalists to see how the evidence on the ground matched the initiatives.
Principal of West Suffolk College, Dr Nikos Savvas, said: “We are very pleased to be shortlisted for such prestigious awards which are highly thought of as they celebrate the best and most innovative practices among further education colleges.
You may also want to watch:
“This is a well deserved achievement for our hard working staff.”
Carole Stott MBE, chairman of the AoC Charitable Trust, said: “Being shortlisted for a Beacon Award highlights not only the good work of the colleges, but also the impact on students and communities.
- 1 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 2 Police amazed no one hurt after tree falls on Fiat 500
- 3 Wetherspoon pubs reveal reopening plan after 'zero' sales
- 4 Burst main leaves villages without water
- 5 School 'relieves stress' for families by loaning laptops in lockdown
- 6 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 7 Parent fined after teens dumped waste at town estate
- 8 Covid cases fall in every area of Norfolk for first time since June
- 9 Flooding fears recede in Norfolk but wind warning issued
- 10 Fiat 500 thought to be stolen found crashed into wall
“The high standard of submissions to the AoC Beacon Awards is testament to the innovation which takes place across the UK.
“Great colleges transform lives and communities. They meet the needs of employers and students by embracing new approaches to teaching, learning and leadership.
“The shortlist for this year’s Beacon Awards is testament to this.”
The Beacon Awards winners will be announced on the evening of November 14 in Birmingham at the AoC Annual Conference and Exhibition dinner.