Man died of multiple injuries in crash with camper van, inquest hears
- Credit: Archant
A well-known Thetford man died of multiple injuries after being hit by a camper van, an inquest has heard.
The inquest opened into the death of retired labourer Clifford James, 72, who was killed as he crossed the A1066 Mundford Road heading towards Thetford town centre.
Norfolk Coroners Court heard that Mr James was born in the town in 1947. Area coroner Yvonne Blake gave the medical cause of death as multiple injuries sustained after a road traffic collision.
The full inquest has been set for Wednesday, January 22.
Ms Blake said the date was chosen due to a police inquiry being undertaken.
You may also want to watch:
Mr James was well known in the town in the football and local community.
A collection is being held at the Green Dragon, Market Place, Thetford, for the charities for The Mighty Bull Dogs football club and Cats Protection, two charities close to his heart.
- 1 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 2 Emotional great grandma meets nine-month-old twins for first time
- 3 Family to open cafe named for 'cheeky' twins who fought rare disease
- 4 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 5 'Vital' washing and cooking facilities to help homeless opens in town
- 6 Before the blaze: Elveden Forest Center Parcs in its early years
- 7 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 8 Norfolk and Suffolk election 2021: No change in Breckland
- 9 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 10 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results