Children send heartwarming notes of thanks to NHS staff
- Credit: Rebecca Nutbourne
Primary school children have brought "tears to the eyes" of NHS staff working at a town's community hospital.
Children aged between four and five years old from Heartwood CE VC Primary School have sent notes of thanks and colourful posters to NHS staff working at Swaffham Community Hospital.
The messages, which were delivered at the end of January have "really put a smile on the faces" of the staff, according to student nurse, Rebecca Nutbourne.
She said: "It has been exceptionally difficult and scary for everyone working within the NHS at the moment a lot of things are uncertain but one thing that is certain is the support and care we are all shown from the community.
"We have these posters in our staff well-being room and they really put a smile on our faces each time we sit down for a cuppa and look at them.
You may also want to watch:
"To be shown such care from such young people brought a tear to us all and we are so, so grateful."
- 1 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford
- 2 Retired firefighter looks back at four-day Thetford factory blaze 30 years on
- 3 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital
- 4 Cat left 'terrified' after being dumped next to road by driver
- 5 Gym becomes community hub with café and barber shop
- 6 21-year-old airlifted to hospital after car crashes into trees
- 7 The story of Mildenhall's workhouses uncovered after 100 years
- 8 Pretty town centre terrace is for sale by auction - and it needs doing up!
- 9 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 10 New community hub for Thetford after girl's terrifying attack