Children become cops and robbers at Abbey Estate holiday club in Thetford
- Credit: Archant
More than 25 children have had the chance to get their creative juices flowing at a church-run holiday club.
Grace Church, in Thetford, welcomed primary school-aged children to its third holiday club from August 7, with the opportunity to try out arts, crafts and sports, and hear the story of Joseph.
Held at the Arts Centre at Bishop’s School over four days, the club had a “Cops & Robbers” theme, with children put into groups including Crazy Constables, Daring Detectives, Super Sergeants and Incredible Inspectors.
They then had a go at making robber masks, police badges, finger print sheets and cut out cops.
Drama sketches brought the story of Joseph to life.
You may also want to watch:
Tony Heywood, pastor of Grace Church, said: “We had an excellent team of hard-working leaders from across the various churches in Thetford who gave up their time and energy to make it all run so smoothly.
“I’m very grateful for all their help and a big thanks too of course to all the children for being such excellent police recruits.”
- 1 Noise disruption possible as low-flying RAF jets simulate training
- 2 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 3 International designer asked to create ambitious vision for Thetford
- 4 Two men due in court over rave at Thetford Forest
- 5 Missing 84-year-old man found safe and well
- 6 Tips for families with Special Educational Needs children in lockdown
- 7 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 8 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 9 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 10 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say